The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups Empty
PostSubject: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 am

Plot:

It has been millenia since the evil of the Dark One plagued the lands of Sylfe. The exact time, no one knows. Much of civilization collapsed in the catastrophes that followed. It was just like the after the second rising of the Dark One, but this time, less were spared.

Only a spattering of sentient creatures remained, less than 20% of what had been Sylfe's population before the disastrous chain of events that culminated with the defeat of the Dark One and Sabra'no'a. Their defeat brought about a massive wave of energy, the effects of which ripple through time to this day.

Magic was thrown out of balance, and the world began to change. Anyone from Sylfe in its olden times would no longer recognize it. The eight continents of the old world, Alriiea, Malleithen and Galaria of the East. Melador and Gavannah of the West, Sec'hamet, sec'beset and sec'cacret of the south have been pushed into an imperfect circle surrounding a new continent, one of fire and brimstone.

The difficulty of the ordeal drove many magic users to insanity. Only those who were of strong will held on to their minds.

Civilization is in ruins and what remains of it is often barbaric and hostile. A few settlements dot the countryside of the continents, but none are very large. The people live in fear of the monstrosities that roam the countryside, ancient evils released by the imbalance of magic. An imbalanced that caused the shattering of bonds, the shattering of minds and the weakening of primeval prisons.

Only one city has fared well enough to be called a city. It wasn't really a city per se, it was just a large collection of ramshackle settlements but it survived.Even then, just barely, due to the influence of a powerful artifact called the Lattisabre, a sword of strange metal stuck on a large rock in the middle of the city for reasons no one knows why. Weaker monsters avoid the city, and only those who have a strong enough will go near it, often times, shot down and killed instantly.

One day, however, it vanished. One man described seeing a deranged warlock steal it in the dead of the night. He had barely time to finish his sentence when monstrous abominations streamed into the city from all sides and leveled it. They tried to take the rock, but it proved far too heavy for them.

News reached other settlements about what happened, the Ceree, who had long since been in hiding, re-emerged, determined to quell the evil that had begun to rise.

In the smoldering ruins of the city, amongst piles of corpses. The large rock stirred, from it emanated a keening, almost grieving sound. A loud grating filled the air, and smoke began to rise from the jagged spikes of the large boulder. Only, it was never just a rock.

From the ashes of the city, on trudged Maetesk, the living statue to find the beings capable of stopping what was to come.

Character Sheet:

Characters:
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 am

I just wanted to clear a thing. Many players are referring to other characters that are not the main protagonists. Of course this does not apply to Thoron's reference of Raducan, for example, since he was a protagonist in a story in this same forum. But random appearences or the families of our characters will pop here and there. Considering they will not become main characters, how much about them should be explained if they become really relevant in the story? Of course I'm not referring to the ones that would ruin the plot when receiving too much explanation.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 am

Well Typically, the first few posts are devoted to introducing your characters and getting them to come together. These other yet-unimportant characters should only be shown in a dim light. However, come the time that (In case) they become part of the actual story, a sheet would have to be prepared and you would have to introduce them in the same manner though not as elaborately.

Oh by the way, the moment Nocru sets sight on Are'zel he's going to have another vision. I wonder if Are'zel would have an herb to help with that.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

It would depend on the main cause for the visions... if it has to do with the real sight (he usually have the vision after looking to something), with mental state or if it's purely magical, almost spiritual. In that case he could only make him pass out ._. Not helping, really.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am

It has something to do with his brain. Volcanic fumes somehow damaged it and opened his mind to such prophetic visions, he's basically in a constant state of being "high" just like the Oracle of Delphi. It's basically like he's perpetually under the effects of a hallucinogen.

The only reason he's assaulted with visions when he sees someone is because of anxiety that compounds his condition, probably due to many people dying at his hand.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Question... Since it's caused by the fumes and general anxiety, does that mean he can be cured through magic or some herbal remedy?
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm

So the visions can be not only prophetic, but also projections of inner fears and a guilt complex. Since bad things happened around him, he blames himself and search for solitude. Now it's easier to interact. ^_^ And Are'Zel will probably understand him in some level, since he will see flashes of the vision too, sometimes. What he will try to do (working or not) is to influence Nocru the same way Nocru does to him, but offering his optimism or point of view. And that can help or annoy even more. If the annoyance is just too much, he wil stop eventually XD
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Let's discuss further in the chatbox. XD
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 am

I've come up with another cure, it may or may not be temporary. Hey Kyrion, do you think that Are'zel has enough prowess to manipulate Nocru's body to send clumps of protein to his eyes' lenses to form a cataract?
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 am

I don't think he could use such delicate and specific magic. About senses... he only used magic related to that when setting the people for his "performance". And he would not be brave enough to cause such irreversible damage to a "friend". He can use his link to
1) make Nocru see through his own eyes for a short period. Considering the images are formed in his brain, Nocru would be free from the visions. 2) He could blind him with light from time to time. 3) He could use an herb, but that would be cruel. But Nocru can choose to live with one or other problem, the visions or the blindness. He could still see through Are'Zel eyes as long as they keep the bond in some level.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

Then Are'Zel could blind him. If Nocru would still be able to see through his eyes from time to time. Only time will tell if a powerful being would be able to cure Nocru of his visions, when that occurs, it would be easy enough with magic to undo his blindness.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

By now, it's just a quick blindness, but if Nocru really wants this, he will make the right herbs grow and use this to do his work. Can we make this, or should I edit the post?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 am

Oh sure, that works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 am

How did you like the church thing?
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 am

I like the idea, even if it's still hard to think how our characters will fight against the faith of bigger populations... maybe an idea will appear during the RP. But the beginning is so strong and dramatic, like the story started by it's climax. I don't know if we'll have the time to plan and act against this wave. Let's see.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Oh, that would be true, if the Triune Church really was just a Church. They could be slaves, building an empire for Al'caar, or maybe even an army of mindless, soulless, deathless zombies. >Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:05 am

Since "Plains of Fate" doesn't have an OOC section of it's own, I'm posting here... I was thinking, do the elvish form of the ceree look exactly like common elves, as the ones of Ehvin? Or are they changed a little the same way a ceree is not exactly like a common dragon? If there are differences, I'd like to sketch something.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

They look exactly like elves in Sylfe. Elves in Sylfe have either one, two or three feathers adorning their heads, depending on rank as well as fur on certain parts of their bodies, feathers too. The old elves had tails, but the new ones have evolved out of their use of that, so they don't.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 am

I updated my post in Sylfe. Let's see how you guys get over this hurdle. I kinda needed some excuse for the Church to gain followers and for the human kingdoms to flourish under Al'caar's reign.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:49 am

It was a good idea... Now we have a new reality to absorb. Poor Fran, the younger sister became the Elder. I'm waiting for Thoron's post...
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 am

Urk, waiting for his post too. Very Happy. Anyway, it should present a difficulty, especially IF they're going to get called away to the plains again, potentially undoing whatever progress they might have done. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:21 am

Well im in a bit of pickle as to what to write
As time moved forward outside of nocru's bubble, due to the spell from the guy who has control of the lifestream... im not sure how this would affect my characters... correct me if im wrong here but

With tia, she would become aware of distortions in time due to her connection to the lifestream, at least when her mind dips into where she can see the lifestream. So she would partly aware of whats happening, yet still unconscious so thats useless.

Issend is a different story altogether. As he is seperate from this part of lifestream, due him having come from the world of angels. Yet not completly apart from it like nocru. Thus he would be uneffected or at least resistant to the spell. So i cant really tell if he would age like francheza or not.
alittle help here?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 am

It's not a spell, it's something that stems from the taint. It's something that Destiny had been planning for eons, thus, he used Algaisia, the Dark one as a source of great evil that would eventually taint the lifestream.

Yes, tia would be partly aware, and yes, it would be useless.

Issend, on the other hand, comes from the Fourth Sphere, which is superficially connected to the lifestream present in the Third Sphere, the connection required for chosen souls to ascend. The lifestream WAS isolated for each world when the Third Sphere was shattered, but now that the convergence is nearly complete, old connections are being reforged. He wouldn't be affected as much, BUT, he would still not be aware of what was happening, save for his friends moving and talking a tiny bit slower than normal.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 am

Last question, and this problably answered already by what happened to fran
If you get far enough any from nocru to be outside the bubble (like if issend dropped tia and fell behind)
does all the time thats passed catch up with you or not
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 am

Wow, you're still online? Sorry 'bout vanishing a while ago, I was caught up in a different subject.

Anyway, it should, since the time flow was only affected by the taint and outside of its influence, time should flow normally. So basically, the act of passing through the "bubble's" membrane would be the equivalent of moving through the time that had passed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next