The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 am

okay posted in slyfe

i'm going to have do some redesigning for issend though. this is due to the fact that part of his punshment is that the more time he spends without becoming cured of his sinful nature, the more monstrous he would become... considering the time passed, the changes would be somewhat dramatic, hence why he ran away before anyone could see what he became :l
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 am

That's nice, and a big hurdle for him to overcome. WAIT! I just remembered something, WHERE, not to mention, WHEN exactly are Liara and Raducan?
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 am

As for liara and raducon, when they came back to slyfe they where sent to thier home...
considering the time thats passed and that they where already far past normal ceree life spans... i would say they have died of old age
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 am

wouldn't it be a great plot point of Tia would go looking for them?
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 am

Not really, she has no reason to
considering the time passed she knows,they would of died, and her subconscious link to the life stream causes her to simply know that their souls have moved on.
plus considering he is the legendary hero, radu's death would be big news among most communities so she couldjust ask francheza.
Besides i think it's time to lay the old boy to rest, Radu's been through a lot

Im sure Thorn will probably show up eventually, to at least speak with his granddaughter
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:53 am

Mhm, but wouldn't Radu have gone in search for his daughter and eventually gotten to contact Francheza's band of Bright Scales and possibly learn of his daughter's predicament, and, with Francheza, watch over them until such time that he was no longer able to? Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 am

Fran joined the group only in the Plains of Fate, and Radu never saw her together with Tia...only if Radu ran into the paralyzed group itself, he would deduce what happened. Still, he would'nt relate this to the Bright Scales. Even Are'Zel had only a quick contact with Radu, before one of Nocru "explosive attacks". They were not in the same tent, while planning to attack the king of Epimandu.

If Radu, by any reason, really found the group (by luck, because he was teleported back to another place, far from them), and ran into Fran during one of her visits (or, more possibly, ran into any Bright Scales guard, who called Fran after that), then yes, they would contact each other :/
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 am

He would, because you're forgetting, the Church has expanded and what little remains of the modern Ceree population would have banded together in whatever safe haven they could have found. Radu SHOULD have been pushed towards Fran's group.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 am

are you guys seriously arguing of the possible past actions of a character that has been declared offically dead?
... though dont mind me, by all means please continue :3
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 am

It's a usable plot point! Smile). But still, there's a high possibility that he could have met Francheza's band of Ceree! Smile).
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 am

-_-
i have a question... does your brain explode if you dont think of a new plot idea at least once an hour?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:56 am

Well, no, not really. XD. But I have to get it out of my system or else I forget it. XD.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 am

... wow malkuthe, just wow

anyways i think i'll stick with this design for issend's new aged look
World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 Img00910
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 am

Why?! :O

BTW: WHY U NO PUT ALERONS?!?!
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 pm

why what? you know what... WHY NOT!?

.... oh crap... err
look a distraction! yes, over there on the left! look it's shiny
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:14 am

Hey guys! Sylfe is basically your call for now. I'll come back with a big something something on the weekend. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

Guuys, specifically Kyrion, Are'zel is within the bubble, right?

The powers that be are planning to free Nocru, but what about Are'zel? What would happen to him once that "bubble" pops?

Imagine the bubble as a dam, letting only a small trickle of water from a vast reservoir from flowing through. This water is time and energy. If that bubble pops and Are'zel remains unprotected within, the time and energy that had been deprived from the confines of the bubble for so many years would come crashing down on Are'zel.

What do you think happens to Are'zel then? And no, I'm not looking for a correct answer. I'm looking for ideas. XD.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, I was planning one or two things; instead of a surprise, I'll tell you, as you're the leader of this story, so you can approve it or not.

As Thoron mentioned through his character Issend, the longer you get stuck with a "fallen-angel-curse" without clear signs of redemption/atonement, the worse it gets. He will feel his body suffer suddenly all this impact, instead of a long and gradual decadence. About the detail of his hunger: Lust was not his only sin, as the other characters, and even himself assume; he has fallen for both Pride and Gluttony too. That's why he seems not exactly monstrous, but fragile and negligible; Are'Zel wasn't exactly vain, but only proud, and now he looks just vile and unworthy of any attention. And he suffers with a hunger that will never cease, despite anything he could eat. He will be always thin, only with a tumid stomach if he eats a specially uncommon amount, but in a few hours, will be skinny again.

As many years will pass for him, his starvation will reach a level that could make him go mad. If this won't affect too much your story, I could make a short scene where he acts like a mindless predator, or even a tool for a specially cruel character, before returning to his "normal" state. In desperation, he can eat even dirt to stop the pain, but can never be really satisfied. It's a constant challenge for his self-control.

He still has that "vacancy" for a third personality. The first link shared with Fran and the second shared with Nocru. You planned a third with Al'Caar, but only if this still works for your story.

(Sorry about my English today -_- I'm a little tired)
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

interesting... very interesting...

this reminds me i'm not abusing Issend enough, sure i made his ugly as sin... but he fell from on high for allowing his nature to be consumed by all 7 sins... he should be Are'Zel to the power of 4.
re design and rethinking are in order...
i love to abuse my characters
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

unrelated to the general topic
i was bored so i sketched Issend displaying one of my favorite sins: Sloth

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 Feeling_like_a_sloth____by_thoron67-d4w7283
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:18 pm

I really, really, like this drawing ^_^ (and, unfortunately, this sin ¬_¬)

Issend looks great. Even monstrous, he's very imposing, and I like the details, specially the marks and the shoulder. The spines/thorns/quills (I don't know the correct name), are they bone-like, or crystalline?

I'd like to sketch my characters, but I must search through the RP the correct description of them again...
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:36 am

That's a really good illustration Thoron67.

I agree with Kyrion. I really like the illustration. And the sin as well. LOL. Who doesn't like sloth? Apart from lust, it's the No.1 sin exhibited by mankind! LOL.

*two thumbs up* You're improving my friend!
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:25 am

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 2ep3g9k

As I said more than a month ago, I wanted to draw the Sinner Are'Zel and the adult Fran... Fran's still waiting for her time, but this sketch of Are'Zel was here close to my desk for quite a time now...

The light colored patches were already part of his fur, much before his transformation into this ruined form, being silverish; his father is dark green, and mother was a very beautiful silver female. But he tried to dye the marks green too, with the help of his sister. These patches made him look like a stray dog, and he hated them. Fran is more lucky, having only a diamond shaped silver mark on her chest, and the rest dark brown, like her grandmother ^_^
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 am

Looks awesome, Kyrion! Very Happy.

Anyway, who likes my surprise in Sylfe? Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 am

Oh, thanks, Malkuthe. I forgot about this drawing, actually. ^_^

Well, it's pretty unpredictable... will the angels arrive while Faith's still there? Will the poor Nocru create another chaos storm? Will Maetesk, Thorn, Malkuthe of Saffyre help? Will the angels respect a little the tiny personifications ("cereefications" o.o) of two Great Virtues?

Oh, the questions, they never cease!

Personally, I think it would be very interesting if Issend or Are'Zel meet some old fellow or disaffection, like one inquisitor from their judgement and responsible for their fall >:3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups   World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Sylfe: The New Age - OOC/Sign-ups
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next