The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

The Spark - IC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

The Spark - IC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 am

Zana took no notice of the help coming from the forest sprites. her mind was a cloud of fury and rage. but she was done dodging pyre backs and blasting flames upon the salamanders... she had a new target. the frost wyrm. if she could take out the frost wyrm... or at least get it closer, then she could roast Syruin in a quick fiery blaze...

she took a deep inhale of breath and held it. the air in her body turning into powerful flames, her neck inflated slightly. the scales lifted and glowed with heat as she held back the inferno in her maw. she flew faster, closing in on the massive frost wyrm. then she reared back, unleashing the powerful inferno. flames exploded from her maw, splashing over the face of the frost wyrm and turning anything between point A and point B into ashes... after several long seconds, she slowed the inferno to a complete stop, trying to regain her breath. she quickly flapped the steam away to try and inspect the result of her flames.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 am

Sellarie heard the forest moving before his eyes could notice, as the blizzard was making him almost blind. It seemed that the inhabitants of the forest were now helping the dragons; maybe they could see and feel the terrible proportions of what Syurin has done, or whoever was helping him in this maniac revenge. This finding gave him more energy to keep fighting. He approached Zana, not really sure if she would understand him, both from the wind noise and the chaotic state of mind she was carrying. The dragon roared "Try to find a weak spot! Something must feed his magic body!"

'If the storm is not affecting his allies, I'll make it dangerous for both sides, at least' Using magic, he molded the abundant ice to create more blades and stakes, throwing them to hit the smaller enemies, while he approached Syurin himself. Maybe destroying the sorcerer and it's dangerous blade, he could disenable the huge monster. He should be specially cautious with the threat of dragonsbane.

At first, he just shot more icy blades to the elf, not in fact hoping to hit him, but to check his power over the ice. He also tried to preserve his magic, for his spell of protection was draining his energy continuously. 'I don't know if his fury will increase his power, or just disperse his concentration... but by the way he acts, this power is just controlling him, and not the opposite.' The dragon's eyes narrowed when he inspected the sword, noticing the changes. Of course that was not elfic magic. 'I must stop this blade' Close enough to be heard through the storm, Sellarie roared to the young elf "You mindless dotterel! You will fail again, for your pride is not a weapon strong enough to defeat dragons! You dared to interrupt our peace, now will find exactly what you looked for!"
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

The brass dragon's magic did little to faze the elf. The blade was made of dragonsbane, of course it resisted draconic magic. The storm got stronger and stronger and a solid sheet of ice was beginning to form over the ground. The Wyrm was growing in size and the glow of the epimandu's eyes was becoming more intense.

Larger and larger bolts of lightning struck the earth. The thunderclaps resounded across the land. The pyrebats, salamanders and wurms cowered under the maelstrom's power and began to retreat hastily. A particularly powerful bolt of lightning struck the trap that Zana had prepared, shattering the stones and melting the shards in the extreme heat.

The peals of thunder grew louder and louder and even the trees began to retreat to their forest. Lightning began to rain upon the landscape and as though gaining a fraction of control, Syurin looked to the heavens bewildered. The wyrm roared and the light from the epimandu's eyes seemed almost blindingly bright.

A particularly powerful bolt of lightning struck the land between the wyrm and Sellarie and the clap of thunder that resulted was far too loud to be natural. Apparently, even the earth had fractured. A new rift was growing there the lightning had struck and the ground shook and groaned in protestation. The umbilical cord of the wyrm was severed, but it remained alive. The Epimandu, apparently, had taken over.

Black energy arced between the wyrm and the sword which emitted a piercing wail. Klyro shattered and so did the ice that had managed to take over half of Syurin's body. Syurin fell to the ground unconscious. The rift opened wide, the icy void between it yawning in victory. The wyrm took flight and plunged into the inky blackness of the rift.
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am

Zana cursed as her trap spell was shattered, the problem with spell like that... even if the trap itself was destroyed, that didn't destroy the spell or the stored magic inside. the ice wyrm was already gone into the rift by the time the spell released itself. with it's intended target long gone, the spell forced itself upon Zana. several orbs of energy took form just above the ground, and from each a length of thick steel chains blasted forward. the chains flew up, with a mind of their own and ensnared Zana. tied down in the thick mass of chains, she was forced the the ground... Zana sighed, allowing the blood spell to wear off, she thn began quickly chanting a counter curse to remove the chains.

after a minute she was finally free, she took a good long look around them. there was now a great gaping rift in the earth, much of the ground was still covered in thick ice, the pyre bats, wurms, and salamanders had disappeared into the forest, and then there was syruin... she now stood over the unconscious elf, considering what to do next... he had already caused them an ungodly amount of trouble and nearly gotten them killed (not to mention, created an unspeakable evil). though, despite how much she hated him, she would not fit an unarmed man nor harm an unconscious one. "dam me and my conscious" she growled as she picked him up and put him in the spot between her wings.
she then looked down at the broken shards of Syruin's sword. she could smell the stench of Dragon's bane... she then reached over her shoulder and used a claw to grab syruin's shirt, which she quickly ripped off. she took the cloth and used it to gently pick up the remains of the sword. she carefully picked up every piece and then tied the shirt around the shards, making a thick bundle. she knew there was most likely a nice fireplace back in the castle where she could properly dispose of the dragon's bane.

Syruin on her back and the bundle in her claws, she flew to met sellarie. she nuzzled her love for a quick moment,"i'll glad you didn't get badly hurt" she said, then turned to look at the rift "... i feel as though we should go in there, but at the same time i feel we should avoid it entirely... either way, we should go back to the castle and rest for awhile. plus i need to get rid of this" she held up the bundle of dragon's bane shards "and wait till stupid here wakes up so he can be punished properly" she said, referencing syruin
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 am

Sellarie was really affected by the last events; of course he faced powerful enemies before, and he was defeated in combat, yet survived to see another day (sometimes, he had his revenge). But that monster and the storm, like the one occurring so many years before... he felt terrible, with no clear reason. Not only fear and frustration although both feelings were pretty real and revolving somewhere inside him, in a disgusting way. He couldn't understand yet the source of this feeling, even if it was good, bad or just disturbing.

He felt Zana, but was still a little distracted, with distant and misty eyes. "Common fire will not destroy what's left of this sword... dragonsbane uses magic to be forged..." He closed his eyes, as he slowly regained his sense. "Oh, this can wait" He approached Zana again, and hugged her tight with both his arms and wings. "I would never forgive this possessed elf, for making me pass the risk to lose you just when I found you! And I'll never forgive myself for being so sentimental." He snorted, annoyed. He looked to Zana, two dragons slightly scarred and covered with snow. Sellarie now had none of his long bright brown feathers, looking just like a common brass dragon. "At least we're fine. I think it's safe to deactivate the spell. Don't worry, it's far less uncomfortable" he just rested his claw in the same place he touched her before the fight, creating a quick wave of light and a tingling feeling.

"Now, put this... thing inside the castle. It will freeze in this cold air." His only consolation, was that Syurin would suffer again all the shame of being under the power of the dragons. It would be far more honorable be defeated in a battle. But the dragon will be more observant, to never give the chance to this little enemy create another thing like that monster. "Let me take care of the sword. I'll see what I can do, with not real dragon magic." he picked the bundle, and headed to a place next to the walls of the castle.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Zana hugged sellarie back, smiling as she did so "oh come now my dear... you worry to much. we are both fine now and thats all that really matters... as for this elf, oh i will never forgive him either, but perhaps he might be of some use in the future" she twitched at the deactivation of the spell, but nodded.

"i'll chain him up somewhere... plus i'll set a few fires in the hearths to try and warm the castle up a bit" Zana figured that she could probably chain syruin up from the ceiling somewhere. she frowned, handing over the shards of the sword "...please be careful, even when destroying it, Dragonsbane is still very dangerous. " she said, and giving him one last affectionate nuzzle she left to go inside the castle.

once inside, she found that the building was (of course) absolutely freezing. cold drafts blew through the stone halls, and there was a chill in the air. Zana sighed, going to the first hearth in the main room, directly under the great glass window. she flicked her claws, using magic to bring in a pile of wood from the courtyard outside. stacking it up in the hearth, she set it alight with a small puff of fire. she grinned, enjoying the feeling of heat from the fire. she didn't stay long though, she moved onward. she went through many of the rooms that she could fit into while still in her dragon form, lighting hearths and torches along the way. the castle was already feeling warmer.

now she just had to figure out what to do with syruin... she was back in the main room, pacing... her tail flicked against a wall and she was met with a resounding "click" then the scrapping of stone on stone. she looked at the slowly opening secret door. taking human form and tossing syruin over her shoulder she took a peak inside. she was delighted to find it was a small hidden prison cell. she promptly tossed the elf inside and locked the door... well there wasn't a visible key, so she just melted the cell door shut. she smiled to herself, exiting the secret room, but leaving the door to it open for now. she returned to dragon form and lay down before the fire. she sighed, the small good mood she had now gone. now she was waiting for sellarie to finish with the dragonsbane shards, and hoping he didn't hurt himself.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:09 am

Syurin shook his head, spraying droplets of sweat across the dark prison cell. His fetters clinked as he tried to jerk his hands free from them. The chains were strong, he could not break them. It made him frustrated. He yelled and cursed, fuming at the treatment he was having. He could not see anything for the cell was pitch-black and apparently sealed tight.

The last thing he remembered was ranting about the stupid dragons as he walked across the forest and then... nothing. As much as he racked his mind, it didn't help. break. BREAK he willed the chain, but it would not bend. He looked up and part of it had begun to glow red. What little magic he had was not enough.

And then a horrible thought surfaced in his mind. What if it was the dragons that had captured him? He cursed. Klyro was not by his side and he felt as though it would never again be. He silently prayed for a weapon to smite them.

A bluish light began to emanate from the pouch in the pocket of his breeches.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 am

The brass dragon continued walking until a safe distance from the castle; he stayed alert, looking for any sign of the salamanders or wurms, so numerous just a few minutes before. But nothing triggered his senses. Sellarie positioned the bundle in front of him, and thought how he could destroy the shards of dragonsbane, when draconic magic was worthless.

His mind started shooting possibilities. If salamanders answered so quickly to Syurin's call - or the magic that controlled the elf itself - it was a great possibility to find a veil of magma or underground fire. These were the perfect habitat of such creatures. He passed some minutes walking through the area, trying to sense any sign to confirm his suspicous. Fire magic was not his best, but he could at least find a source to work with; during all the route, he continuosly turned his eyes to the dragonsbane, as it could move on its own and escape.

He finally felt something different, close to the river flowing to the lake, and used all his focus to bring part of this magma to the surface. When he was nearly loosing hope, he saw the ice of the ground start melting unnaturaly fast, and soon magma erupted in small portions, turning stone as the ice chilled it quickly. With all his magic, he fed the temperature of the magma, eliminating the ice. When it seemed hot enough, he brought the bundle and flung it to the fire.

The cloth soon desintegrated, leaving only the bright shards of hot metal. The molten stone was tainting the once pure dragonsbane, turning it like a big piece of the original brute ore. Soon, a big portion of ore was solidifying in the cold air, and the dragon stopped feeding the fire with his magic, the magma slowly returning to it natural place underground. The worst the two dragons could find would be a new geiser, if the water could find a way to this small tunnel of high temperature. Sellarie smiled to himself, satisfied with the result; he found a way to unforge the metal, making the inverse of the common proccess.

With the last portion of magic he could gather, the dragon picked a particularly big stone, like the ones Zana used on her ritual, and with a growl, striked the ore to reduce it to small pieces and sand. He blew the small particles with his wind, spreading it everywhere, and also in the river, where it would deposit and cause no harm in such small portions.

After all the proccess, the dragon was just exhausted, with every single magic in him completely spent. He assumed the aviendrii form, as he felt he couldn't move a body so big as his natural one. As all his feathers were magically plucked, his wings assumed the membranous aspect they had on his original self. Like this, he slowy made the way back to the castle, entering it and finding Zana next to the fireplace. He also noticed the opening where were just a wall before. "Sorry I did take so long. But at least the dragonsbane is gone. You just... locked the elf inside there?" he pointed the door. "Maybe he's already awake. We should inspect..." he said, sitting on the ground, not graciously, but literally tumbling.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:19 am

Zana sighed at her mate, nuzzling against him. she smiled down at him, being in dragon form she was considerably larger than him... he was cute when he was smaller than her. "perhaps, i should go inspect him and you should rest. we have had a very long and difficult day, and you have nearly used up all your energy" she said, playing with his hair using one of her claws. she tapped him on the head ever so gently, a small stream of energy passed from her to him. " i've rested enough to recover a good bit of energy, not much but enough. that should be enough to make you feel a little bit better. what you need to do is just lay down and rest" she advised, shrinking down to elf form.

she calmly walked into the passage and paused for a moment to listen for a hidden spot behind a corner. he wasn't talking, yet; but he was struggling against the chains; and from the faint feeling of heat, trying to escape. she grinned, setting into the dark room. with a small breath of flame she ignited the only torch on the wall, casting light on the dark room. she smiled, seeing Syruin was right where she left him. chained to the opposite wall, an wall of steel bars separating them... oh there is good in the world after all.

she laughed, leaning back against the wall "so... how did you sleep moron?" she growled
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:41 am

Syurin looked at the white dragon and spat at her. He kept the most arrogant pose he could though he was shackled. The bluish light from his pocket began to glow brighter and brighter. Fear, joy and uncertainty mingled within Syurin, but he could feel a gentle, calming warmth emanating from his pocket. "What is this?" he asked no one in particular, not paying the white any heed.

The light was burning his eyes and he had to turn away when it finally, inexplicably vanished. A soft, dim glow came from his pocket afterwards and from it drifted the small pouch embellished with a gem. The pouch dissolved but the gem remained. It was inlaid in gold and was surrounded by three amethysts.

From thin air, a small creature the same color as Klyro appeared. It looked Syurin with ice blue eyes and a smile touched these eyes. "You survived... Good" it said, rather, projected into Syurin's mind. "Come seek me where light cannot touch me, where darkness cannot find me. Come and seek me, I am child of the rift and I possess otherworldly power."

Syurin was stunned when the creature vanished in a bright flash, leaving a few flecks of light drifting down to the floor. If he was not mistaken, that was a Reven. He had been chosen by a creature with immense power.

He began to laugh. He should have known, he was great enough to attract the attention of the Reven. In his arrogance, he forgot that the white dragon was watching him.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Z stood in stunned silence as she tried to process what just happened. Strange blue light had erupted from his pocket, taken the form of a small bag... Then the bag took the form of a strange little creature. This thing looked at Syrian, then faded away. Because Zana had not heard the words the creature 'spoke' Syruin, she could of imagined see just say a Reven. She rubbed her eyes with her fingers for a moment as she allowed herself to readjust to the situation.

"Well, that certainly counts as one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Yet it seems to be entirely unrelated to the current situation." she paused as she straightened out her green dress, after all she was still in elf form. She then leaned against the bars, smiling "You could explain it if you want, the smug expression on your face means you know something... But I still won't be letting you out anytime soon. For your incredibly stupid idea of summoning and army of creatures against us, you are know the prisoner of me and my mate... A year of good behavior and we might be convinced to take the chains off your arms" she said with a light chuckle... Oh she was going to enjoy this.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Sellarie was trying to rest, but something constantly tingled his sense of danger. Maybe he was still too anxious, his system too electrified after the battle to actually relax, he thought, so he decided to follow Zana after some minutes, to be sure Syurin was safely incarcerated.

He arrived the moment Syurin was laughing, and only noticed the tiny blue sparks next to the ground. He also heard Zana muttering, and a new discharge of adrenaline filled his body and tensed his muscles.

"Zana, we MUST keep him away from the rift. All the time!" His mind flashed with all the terrible possibilities of another great power in those egotist and unprepared hands. The army of monsters was a nightmare. More power than most people would find on their whole life. And now this young elf, not seeming even slightly skilled in high arcane magic, shows capacity to see, or at least witness the presence of a Reven. Syurin... with a Spark?

"What kind of role the Gods could have chosen for you? How could you bear a Spark? How could you be transported to that terrible plane, fighting the agador among real warriors?" Sellarie was exasperated, but tried to regain his dignity. He couldn't imagine Syurin filling these important roles, taking place in the important events. Even a small part of envy crawled in his heart. The elf was ambitious, and nothing more. "A cursed sword in the hands of an immature child. And now a blessing that could curse us all."
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 am

Syurin ignored the white dragon and simply spat in her direction. He grimaced that even the small movement made his arms ache and groan in protestation. He looked at the brass dragon smugly and said "The Gods may be cruel, but they sure know a worthy soul when they see one."

Syurin laughed, despite the stabbing pain it caused his side, or the pain that it gave to his shoulders. "Fate will free me. It always does the mighty" he said and turned his attention to the roof and the steady trickle of droplets from the room's ceiling.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:03 pm

"a spark... In the hands of Syruin, the weakling narcissist?" Zana said, surprised and somewhat appalled. She rubbed her temples in thought "the gods do have humor... Hopefully this is some kind of joke. Honestly, I can almost see the potential of Syruin to use such power well... But you, Syruin could never reach that potiential because you haven't the mental strength to control that kind of power. Just like before it will control you..." she looked at the lock on the cage door, and then melted it shut.

She paused for a moment, thinking of what to do... Then she remembered an old method for training horses, smiling she quickly developed a plan. She would save it for tomorrow though. She turned to look at sellarie, poking him in the chest "my love, I think it is best for us to put the silly elf out of mind for now. Save that trouble for tomorrow... For now, let us rest, it has been a long day and we have been through so much... A good sleep is well deserved by now" 
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:17 am

Sellarie's face might have mirrored his doubt. He thought about any spell that he could cast in Syurin's cell, trapping him or at least betray any escape attempt, but he already knew he had no energy to try anything with much magic. He was really in need of some rest.

Sighing, he gave up, agreeing with Zana. "Okay. But let's stay close... so we can intercept any strange occurrence" He glanced one last time the rebel elf, supresssing the bad feeling constricting his stomach. He passed through the passage, holding it open for Zana to pass. When they reached the open area of the large main room, he assumed his dragon form again. The terrible coldness brought by Syurin's magic was slowly dousing.

"You have no idea how important you are." he smiled, tired but kindly to Zana.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Zana followed her mate out into the main hall of their new home. As she did she returned back to her dragon form, stretching out her stiff and sore muscles before laying beside Sellarie. She smiled up at him, staring into his eyes for a moment before turning to nuzzle him softly as she growled contently.
"and you have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that." she says with a happy sigh.

She laid down her head to rest, several things still on he mind... Though the main thing on her mind, she knew they wouldnt be able to do tonight. They were both simply to weak and tired from the day's battle... A good rest was well desverved.

----
A the sun streamed through the great window and into the castle's halls, light was cast upon Sellarie as well, the warm glow of the sun glittering as it reflected off his scaled body. If the light didn't wake him, a sudden explosion would.

As the sound died down, the source was obvious. A cloud of blue smoke rolled through the hall, Zana's Dragonic form stepping out and coughing. Behind her floated a large iron cauldron that she was carrying with magic... It also seemed to have been the source of the slowly clearing smoke.
"man I hate when spells explode" she groaned, waving the remain smoke away from the cauldron as it floated alongside her.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 am

Sellarie never was a heavy sleeper, but he ignored the first signs of the day to rest a little more. The explosion wasn't something he could ignore. Quickly raising his head and almost marking the decorated ground wit his claws, he searched for Zana around him, the only thing he cared to protect. He relaxed when the reason for the sound made itself clear.

"I hate it, too. And I must say it was a specially noisy one, although harmless." He waved his wings to disperse any remaining smoke. "What spell are you performing? And where did you find the cauldron? If it came from the kitchen, it's perfectly understandable. But if this was here for any magic use... we can probably find more interesting things around this castle as well." He had a little hope about an interesting quest for finding more useful magic tools.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 am

Zana chuckled, walking over and scratching Sellarie's chin playfully "good morning to you as well and sorry for the unwelcome awakening. I hate to dash your hopes of finding rare magical items hidden away, but this cauldron came from the kitchen." she laughed, looking from him to the black cauldron and blowing some fire at the base to keep its contents hot.

"as for the spell I'm using... It is a variation of an old spell my adoptive father used to help train wild horses" with a flick of her paw the cauldron turned in mid air, a gob of molten silver spilling out and floating in the air.

She growls slightly as she manipulates the metal. The metal separated into two globs, which began to take a definite shape. One simply became a metal bracelet. The other became something similar to a metal dog collar. She plucked these out of the air and promptly slipped on the bracelet. She heft the collar aloft and examined it "it works similar to the old method of tying a horse to a mule so it will listen and learn to stop, not even the strongest horse can pull a mule if it does not want to move"

"this creates a bond between two peices of metal, one is attached to the horse one to the farmer, then unless the metal is removed they cannot move more than 10 or so meters from one another... Invented for horse tamers without a mule on hand. I figured I should employ the same method for training Syruin to behave and make him work" she said looking at the silver collar, And carving a few runes into the side.

"there now it can only be removed by me... Such a waste of good silver though, I was going to make it out of something less valuable like iron or steel... But I figure he would pitch a hussy fit about being trapped by such low quality metal. I am going to have to listen to him gripe and complain enough today... So anything to make him talk alittle less" she huffed
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Sellarie was pleased with the idea. He knew the concept of such spells, basically to tame wide animals and keep prisioners without much suffering. It was also safe, considering it couldn't be used inversely, being explored with bad intentions from the moody elf. At least that was what Sellarie hoped, as Syurin didn't seemed the most creative or versed in magic. "I really like the idea, dear. I believe he will complain anyway, but if this works, I don't mind carving it and adorning with jewels if necessary." He yawned.

Slowly becoming the small aviendrii, he opened the passage in the main hall, leading to the cell where the elf was locked. "Just after you, my sweet lady." He kept the door open.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:52 am

Zana shrank down into her elven form, a dark green dress forming over her body as she transformed. She took a moment to admire her dress, she was getting much better at preventing her clothes from shredding and making them reappear. She then looked at the silver bracelet "no matter what I do he won't shut up, oh well"

She walked to the passage, pausing to run he finger along the underside of sellarie's chin "my my, what a gentleman" she said with a light purr as she walked into the passage.

She was soon upon Syruin's cell. She paused to look at Syruin, spinning his soon to be collar around her finger. Wordlessly she kicked in the cell door, watching the rusted metal door break and fall to the floor. "good morning Syruin... Sleep well?" she asked with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:11 am

Syurin's sensitive ears picked up the metallic whir of the silver band that the female elf, whom he knew to be the white dragon, held. He raised his head and looked at the aviendrii that accompanied her, probably the other dragon. He acknowledged him, not her and smirked inwardly. He did take note of the silver band that she was spinning around and looked at it warily from the corner of his eyes. Knowing the heathen beasts, they probably came up with some infernal contraption to make him suffer even more.

But he knew that they would not succeed. He had recently been shown that he had a spark, something that only a few chosen were born with. The spark would be his freedom, and once he had the Reven, his path to being immortalized as the greatest elf to have ever lived in history.

"Good morning Syurin... Sleep well?" asked the female elf with a smirk. Even without looking at her, Syurin had heard it in her voice.

"Do I even need to dignify that with a response?" he asked the aviendrii. "Well if I must, I slept like a babe. However, I was woken this morning by the most ungodly explosion I have ever heard. Was that your cooking?" he continued, shifting his gaze to Zana, trying to keep his voice as mockingly sincere as possible.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Zana just rolled her eyes, she had expected Syruin to be sarcastic... Though his joke about her cooking was actually true. Despite many attempts to learn, she was a terrible cook which is why she employed the dragonic method of eating food raw.

"keep up the banter all you like, it won't help you in the long run." she said as she strolled into his cell and walked to where he was chained to the wall. "glad you slept well, we have a lot of work to do today. " as Zana said this she secured the silver collar around syruin's neck "call it a gift of goodwill" she lied, explaining the collar.

She then used her claws to break the chains that bound Syruin to the wall. She stepped to the side... Syruin was unchained, and he had a straight shot out the cell and out the corridor. She wanted to see if he would make a break for it, because once he got about 10 meters away his collar would force him to a rather abrupt halt.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:28 am

Syurin almost imperceptibly shivered when the female-elf-who-was-really-a-white-dragon latched the cold silver collar around his neck. It was cold, yet at the same time, it radiated something that Syurin could not quite determine. It seemed to thrum, yet he didn't really feel it vibrate against his skin. Syurin became immediately wary of the collar when the female told him "Call it a gift of good will."

There was something about the elf's tone that set off alarm bells in Syurin's head. He smiled to himself, confident of the fact that his supreme intellect would grant him leverage over the two dragons who were quite obviously in disguise before him. He was also confident that he could manipulate the two with his wiles to take him to his Reven.

Syurin winced when all of a sudden, Zana severed the chains that fettered him to the walls. She stepped aside, leaving him a clear shot to freedom. The first thought to enter his mind, after an unknown amount of time in captivity, was to make a run for it, but rational thought ruled Syurin. He became suspicious, because these fiends that were before him did not simply offer 'gifts of good will', nor did he know fiends to allow a captive to just run free.

He instead feigned making a run for it, before lunging at the female's throat with outstretched arms.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 am

The rational part of Sellarie's mind was absolutely sure that Zana could deal with Syurin, specially when he was only counting with his physical strenght. The elf had as much chance of succeeding as a child trying to destroy a stone wall with bare hands. But it was not the rational part of his mind that worked first; and by mere reflex, his arm reached the elf's neck like lightning.

"You can count with our leniency if you behave. But don't count in your Spark to survive here if you keep acting like this." His grip like stone, just enough to let the elf breath. "What you seem to forget everytime, is that you started all this." The dragon's golden eyes darted to find the one's of the elf, while his plumage was stiff with tension "You keep calling us 'monsters' and bestial, but you attacked her while she was asleep. Not very knightly, are you? You could have take care of your own business, but the majestic elf must kill a dragon!"
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:11 am

Syurin scratched at Sellarie's hands, trying to get them off his neck. It was an act though, and his distrust of the dragons and their obvious dislike for him had worked in his favor. He had simply wanted to attack the elf girl out of spite. The blasted heathen beast was staining his proud race's blood with its glamour of an elf. It made his blood boil that the scaly monstrosity had the gall to appear as an elf.

He also despised the fact that there was now a silver collar around his neck that was a 'gift of goodwill' which he suspected would probably poison him or strangle him down the line. He had to be honest that only the Gods knew what it did for he was not about to ask the two vile creatures in front of him.

"I don't need my spark to survive this" he said, gesturing weakly at the collar, feeling the fractures that now ran along it. "You broke it anyway."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spark - IC
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next