The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

Wos Chapter 5

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:46 am

Maetesk frowned - he did not know why he had just said what he had. Then something spoke to him in his mind, whispers similiar in tone to those he'd heard before. They were still faint, but slightly stronger. He could only hear fragments of it.
Still...more barriers to break...many...remain...they...find... place symbols...your powers...I can strengthen...the more wards you create on...this land...
'We acknowledge but do not understand.' Maetesk stared at the remnants of magic he'd cast. 'We strive for power and will not serve beneath another, we must be absolute.'
...Insolence...
Maetesk winced as he felt something he could not describe take a hold of his body, that hurt. 'But we do not feel...and we do not suffer pain! How?'
...I created you...You follow...me...you want power? Your powers...I can strengthen them...the more wards you create on this land...a gift for the first of many to come...
The commanding voice faded and Maetesk straightened up. A wisp of smoke trickling out from the stone symbol, weaving through the air towards him. As it hit it, seeping into his forehead, Maetesk's eyes widened, feeling his powers deepen.
'Even if we do not serve another, power is undeniable.' He started walking again, revelling in the sense of his newly gained strength. 'We shall place the symbols in return for this promise.'
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:09 am

once they where back in the cave radu sat near the enterance.... he extended a talon and started to drag it around on the stone floor, leaving tiny squiggles etched in stone. he raised an eye brow when he relized he had made a few of his markings... he shook his head
i should just tell her how i feel... but i'm so nervous he let his thoughts drift, after awhile of silence he sort of half turned to Liara "Liara, i-i'm sorry if i embarassed you any its just i-i...i love you"he muttered at the end
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 am

Cael considered moving towards the forbidden peaks, but that was a dangerous place to be at the time. He rather ran across the Gasir Plains towards the Languid Sea.

He raked his fingers through his dusty pale yellow hair and sighed as he sat down, resting. All of a sudden, thunder pealed over the inland horizon. He had to find shelter if a storm was brewing.

He ran across the plains and almost down to the sea when he saw a cave. Without bothering to yell out whether someone was inside, he came in and lit a fire. He yelped in surprise when he saw two Ceree inside.
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 am

Radu blinked and stared at the elf... silently glad this may of distracted from what he had told Liara. the cereestared at the elf silently for a long time, not sure weither to speak... then radu suddenly morphed into his elven form "uhm... hi, who are you?" he asked speaking in the native launage of the elves which he had learned through an old text he had in his house, hoping speaking in such a way would calm the frightened elf
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 am

Cael gave a start, he did not know that the Ceree could speak in his native tongue. He replied with formality in the same tongue. "The leaves rustle and part for you, kind lord. I am Cael, if you wish to know my name."

Sitting on the floor, Cael did the gesture of greeting. Two fingers to the lips and then pressed to the forehead. If the Ceree really did know much of elven custom it would be the proper thing to do.

He wanted to laugh, it was everything he had expected in an adventure and more.

Resplendently, a building stood before Saffyre, it had a high domed ceiling and wonderfully crafted pillars running around it. Atop the door, etched in a bronze plaque were the words Eternal Library.

She whooped in joy, echoed by her Agador. She suddenly, without thinking, sent up a flare into the sky. That was enough to draw the moon to the horizon and the sun rose, as it did, the image of the library seemed to burn away.

Saffyre tied her magic around it and it stayed. She looked with concern at the risen sun, it would release a wave of magic that could be sensed over the entire eastlands.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 am

Radu repaeted the nessicary greeting gestures and sat, his cloak laying about behind him.... "i am Raduacon, but you may call me Radu if it pleases you. and this is Liara" he said gesturing to her, he smiled... "so Cael, what brings you out here? tis' not a normal sight, an elf so far from his home in the deepests of the forest. to out here upon this humble mountian and in this very cave" he laughed
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

"I--!" Cael was cut off when all of a sudden, he felt the ground shiver. Waves of something powerful followed and racked him. He could have sworn that the cave walls were collapsing, but they didn't. Moments later, the sensation was gone.

He looked at the two with wide eyes. "Did you feel that?!"
Back to top Go down
willtofly258
One Who Walked the Planes
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Seraph prepared a few number of ceree to accompany him to his trip. He had told them not to react to anything they say about chieftain Geirrha. Just as they were about to leave the council came to him. " Chieftain Seraph, if we are to say a word about Chieftain Geirhha, we will get shunned, since she had spat on the Avalhein council.

Seraph sighed at the thought. " Very well then council. We will postpone the meeting with the other tribes. I shall leave for a short while. I will try to research something in the libraries of the Yedruun Forest. Please, do not wait for me."

Seraph left the lake and went to the Yedruun Forest. " I wonder if the Gelendrian Bloom can be remade or restored in some way? Hmm."
Back to top Go down
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Love me? Liara's heart skipped a beat as she listened to Radu, and wondered if she'd misheard him.
'I love - ' she was cut off by an elf appearing at the entrance to the cave, who seemed to converse with Radu in some strange tongue. Liara sat there bemused.
"Did you feel that?!"
'Y..yes,' she stuttered, eyes widening, and glanced outside. The sky looked normal, but something definitly wasn't right.

------

Maetesk stopped, snorting out a plume of smoke as he felt the waves of power. They disappeared as quickly as they had appeared.
'We...' He narrowed his eyes, snarling. 'We are not absolute. This power, stronger.' Quickening his pace, Maetesk hurried towards the next waypoint, eager to place another symbol. 'We must create more, so that our power grows and we can once again be absolute.'
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Radu sat still as if listening, but instead he found a tiny nagging tug like feeling in the back of his mind... The false agador radu was not a mile from here. And with it saffye. He growled returning to ceree form, his claws scratching the stone below him... "I want to find and kill her" he growled, drawn towards the exit of the cave
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Saffyre's lower lip trembled with worry, other than the waves of power, anyone on Malleithen would think that something was up. She had the power to level mountains, dry seas, split continents and raise land, but most of all, she had the power to create something out of nothing.

Drawing on the otherworldly power that she now possessed, she channeled it into a barrier around the library. She would have to deal with everyone that she needed to be there at the moment.

Swirling black clouds erupted from thin air and started to revolve slowly around the library. They created a dark dome with a small opening at the top. Summoning a trifle more of her power, she shot a beam of blue light up the hole, it continued even when she cut off the power.

The beacon was set, now to send out the summons. She easily invaded Jade's mind, the woman was, after all, her pawn. Erithe was little more challenging, and was submissive once she threatened her. The female Ceree that was with Radu was harder, but she got through.

Near her, though, she felt a strange resonance, and simply reached out and touched those minds with the same message, not even bothering to see who they were. Finally, everything set for the beautiful plan she had set, she pushed open the doors.
Back to top Go down
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:00 am

'She'll get her comeuppance some day, even if it isn't dealt by your talons, Radu.'
Liara gave a muffled cry as she felt something touch her mind. She tried resisting, but it only got stronger, eventually breaking through her barriers of thought.
What now? She was sure it was the same culprit as the waves of power. Although she was loathe to think it, Liara was certain it was Saffyre's doing. But why...
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

Radu growled as saffye made the mistake of spread trying to enter the minds of those around Liara. He growled and resisted for awhile, but saffye's summon got through eventually. He blocked his mind enough to stop saffye from realizing radu wasn't an agador... That was a surprise for later.

Radu growled and raked his claws on the stone. Now he had saffye's location, he growled.... He really wanted to just fly now, but something was pulling him back. He felt he couldn't just fly into danger without a care for his life... He looked at liara, he had something to live for, he realized
Back to top Go down
TheLastElf
Newcomer
Newcomer
TheLastElf

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 am

((should have known mah elf idea would be copied -_-))

Al ran into the cave, eyes flashing in confusion when he saw the other elf, "What are you doing here?" Al said, not unkindly.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 am

The library lived up to its name. It was a dusty collection of thousands upon thousands of volumes. It was the compendium of all the knowledge in the world that had ever been written down.

The summons were little less than just summons. Saffyre had made it so that a few minutes after they were received, those summoned would feel a compulsion to follow. Depending on how they react to the compulsion, they would either be rewarded with pleasure, a joy that is so sweet they can't let go, or they would be punished with pain so hard that it would break them to follow the summons.

Saffyre, of course, already knew what she had to know. Setting down the Codex of Ages in its pedestal in the middle of the library. She took a book with a spine that said "The Recreation Ritual" and when she did, tiles on the floor raised up and shifted. When the dust cleared, there was a single red line pointing towards a tile carved with a rose.

One of the thorns was a handle. Raducan was outside, guarding, while Malkuthe was with her. She had Malkuthe raise the tile and a musky scent filled the room as stagnant air rushed out of the hole. She descended, but definitely heard Malkuthe whimper. She had forgotten, Malkuthe was claustrophobic.

How he could have managed to live in a cave, she did not know. She suspected, though that it had to do with the perforated roof. She dismissed the stray thoughts from her mind and summoned a light that diffused every nook and cranny of the once-dark corridor which was more like an earthen tunnel now that she had a better look.

She led a hesitant Malkuthe down by the collar. She sensed the waves of power emanating from the rose already. How it was so cleverly hidden, she would not know until much later.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Radu growled, starting to feel the more painful effects of resisting the summon "never you mind Cael, Algaisia... i fear *groan of pain and stumbles slightly* that there are far more important and dangerous events on the hoizon than worring about a stray elf. i believe saffye has found what she was looking for, whatever that may be... but what ever it is we have to stop her from getting it" despite his apperent pain, radu had once again adopted a leader like aura that he had shown when leading the highwind. he looked in the direction that pain was trying to force him to go " it's time we start moving" he said quietly
Back to top Go down
willtofly258
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 pm

As soon as Seraph reached the Yedruun Forest, he changed into an elf. He had jet black hair and handsome features. He was donning a pale blue shirt and black pants. He was trying to stay low and not attract attention. Although, after a few steps, he already stumbled. He hadn;t turned into an elf for a long time. But soon enough he reached the library. He entered, ed where all the books involving Malleithen, the Great Ancestors and the Dark One. The librarian yelped when Seraph mentioned " The Dark One", but he guided Seraph anyway to all the books that had to do with the topics he mentioned. After all the books were given to him, he sat down and started reading.
Back to top Go down
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Liara yelped, the pain of resisting hitting her too. She brushed the side of her body against Radu's slightly as she walked past him, in an effort to give him any sort of happiness in this dark hour.
'Yes, let us,' she murmured, also looking towards where the summons were calling them to.

------

'We...what?' Maetesk became aware of something coming into contact with his mind. He stood still, trying to work out was it was when it seemed to try to force him to move. A hint of something, not unlike the pain the voice had made him inexplicably feel, despite his lack of feelings, seemed to be trying to take a hold of him, but was drowned out in the smoke and fire that constantly seethed through Maetesk. He snorted, turning to walk away when it returned, stronger this time. 'No!' Maetesk resisted for as long as possible. Then his right foot was dragged forwards of its own accord, in the direction of the summons.
...who dares command my thrall?... The whispers rang through Maetesk's mind, but they were no longer soft, but angry.
...you meddle with things you should not...although my minion's body is of this world, I am not...I will return in clouds of ash...and fire...and the land...shall burn!
Maetesk roared, shuddering as the two powers fought each other for dominance over his body. Then there was silence.
'We,' he regained his balance, waiting to see if anything happened. 'Nothing.' Now that the summons had disappeared, Maetesk couldn't help but wonder about their nature, and began to head to their source. He would not be forced there, but as it was of his own choosing, he decided to see what powers lay therein, and whether they would provide answers to the one behind the whispers.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Cael groaned as inexplicable pleasure racked his lithe frame with every step he took towards the source of the summons. He considered lying down on the ground and plunging a knife into his chest so that he could die happy, the sensation was addictive. He yearned to follow it, not knowing what would be at its end.

He looked at the Ceree and for a moment felt a pang of pain as he wondered how they could resist the pleasure. Radu's face was scrunched up in concentration, while Liara had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily against Radu's side.

Cael set his sights on the horizon. Soon enough, he would see what was causing the strange feeling.

Saffyre had dragged Malkuthe into the tunnel for at least half an hour, judging only on Saffyre's innate sense of time. The Agador had been having problems and backed away from every single shadow that crossed their path. Even his own!

Saffyre resisted the urge to run when she saw the light at the end of the corridor. They must be getting close to the rose. When they exited, though, they came upon a spirit-dampening sight. Across a large lake of molten rock was a labyrinth with walls that reached to the cave's ceiling. Saffyre and Malkuthe were on a ledge approximately three quarters of a mile up from the ground. Above them was another quarter of a mile, how, though, under a library that was possible, Saffyre did not know.

She sensed the rose, though, so tantalizingly close, and she bet that it was in the heart of the labyrinth.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:41 pm

When liara brushed against him, radu drew in half the pain that torturedher, making it his own. This he did to ease her pain at his expense. He groaned with unexplainable pain... But stood and walked infront of liara "liara before we go to saffye I want you to know something..." he pushed his head against her and nuzzled her calmly "I love you with all my heart and no matter what happens to either of us, I will still love you" he gave her a small affectionate lick

he turned towards his summon and began to move, thankful that with every step the pain lessened
Back to top Go down
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 pm

"liara before we go to saffye I want you to know something..."
Liara was lost for words. She was startled out of her thoughts by another throb of pain, though it seemed lessened. 'Radu, why did you take some of my pain? I don't want you to hurt because of me!'
"I love you with all my heart and no matter what happens to either of us, I will still love you"
'I...' She shook her head, trying to assemble some words together, not sure whether she'd heard him right. Following Radu, Liara drew in close to him and whispered in his ear. 'I feel the same way about you.'
Back to top Go down
willtofly258
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Seraph read through every book, he only found what Seraph called " useless information". "Ugh almost everything says the same. The Dark One appeared out of nowhere, it was defeated by the people of Sylfe using the Gelendrian bloom, the bloom was in Malleithen but it was destroyed, the Dark One was resealed in the Forbidden Peaks, the bloom was created by the Great Ancestors, the Ancestors came from a plane known as Aznala. what I'm looking for is a way to restore the bloom or defeat the Dark One." Seraph was downright frustrated that he threw the books to the floor. Suddenly he had an idea. " Aznala. I wonder if the key is in Aznala? But first things first, how do I get there? The Great Ancestors came from Aznala and arrived in Malleithen. If the Great Ancestors came to Sylfe and landed in Malleithen, then there must be a way to enter Aznala through Malleithen. I must go back to Malleithen."

Seraph left the library and changed back to his ceree form. " I must go right away. But I must consult the council first. I may be doing a grave mistake, with the Forbidden Peaks near our tribe and all." He flew back as fast as he can back to the lake.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Radu smiled and nuzzled her again. he grimaced in pain again and looked at the horizon, he felt that not only dangers, but new surpirses, lurked in the nearby future. he began to move towards the summon, towards the libary, and most importantly towards saffye
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Growing impatient, Saffyre simply sighed and wove her magic all around the entirety of Malleithen and Alriiea. Anyone that was caught up by her summons then disappeared in a puff of mist and reappeared right in front of the library.

She used the same trick to get her and Malkuthe to the heart of the labyrinth. With that, she took the Rose of Sanctuary and hid it with magic around her person.
Back to top Go down
GoredGuar
Spark Bearer
Spark Bearer
GoredGuar

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Liara felt a strange pulling sensation. She screwed her eyes shut, as the air around her and the others erupted with blinding light. When she opened them again, they were somewhere completely different, and so were many other ceree.
'This doesn't feel good,' she muttered at Radu. 'Saffyre wants us here for something, and I bet you it isn't good.'

----

Maetesk stood behind the trees on the forest edge, silent, staring. He was interested by the appearance of so many creatures, all at once. Though they seemed surprised by it. Waiting to see if anything would happen, Maetesk masked his presence by slipping into a void pocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wos Chapter 5   Wos Chapter 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wos Chapter 5
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next