The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

The Spark - OOC/Signups

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

The Spark - OOC/Signups Empty
PostSubject: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:12 am

The Roleplay is now up!:The Spark - IC

Ehvin, 'tis a plane with a long dark history. At the beginning of time, the Eternal Jealousy molded the plane. It was the darkness of her thoughts that brought the plane to life. It was no artificial plane for it was not created after the original "Making"

In the beginning, it was a vast, beautiful plane. Humans weren't anywhere to be seen. The denizens of the world, from the largest dragons to the smallest of critters, roamed the rolling hills. The tallest mountains were home to the people of the aviendrii, a race of avian humanoids.

Things were balanced, fine, and happy. No evil swept the lands. Until it came. The Eternals waged war on each other, bringing about massive damage in the interplanar space, but this damage did not affect the planes themselves. Save for Ehvin that is. Since it was born of an Eternal's emotion, it was affected by an Eternal's emotion as well A massive maelstrom raged around the entire plane and the entity called Exiron was born.

The great beasts that once roamed the land now were in hiding. The mountains remained still and the forests were silent. Whenever a brave soul attempted to end Exiron, the beast need only blink and he was dead.

The Great war of the Eternals ended with the creation of Aznala, a plane of Courage. Thanks to Destiny's intervention, the races of Ehvin began to wake after a long slumber due to hiding from the maelstrom. The skies cleared and the land was calm. But there was still the problem of Exiron.

One by one, certain individuals, born with special talents called "Sparks" began to awaken. These sparks allowed them to use magic, among many things, one of which was to walk between planes. But to walk between planes, the power of the "Spark" was diminished, which is why it was a rare event for a person with a "Spark" to walk amongst the planes.

Some of these individuals grew with immense power and then came the term "Saelth" to define the people with the "Spark" The most powerful of whom, his name lost to the ages, stepped up against Exiron, confident of his abilities. The moment that Exiron blinked, he opened a spacial rift around him and reappeared behind the beast. He looked for a plane that was empty, devoid of all life, but full of magic, to seal Exiron in. For the price of his life, he opened a massive rift that swallowed Exiron.

Alas, the price was to be paid and the rift exploded after swallowing Exiron's essence. The plane was shattered into many pieces with a void in between the pieces. This was the beginning of the current age in Ehvin. Time ran differently in Ehvin and what seemed a million years to others was something like ten in Ehvin.

A nightmare to those that lived in the old age of Ehvin, the maelstrom returned. The Eternals waged war once more. The titanic struggle once again laid waste to the land. As a Saelth, you may seek the unification of the plane or its destruction. The shattering of Ehvin contributed to its rapid decay, something that shouldn't happen to an original plane.

Because of this decay, a new race was born from the abyss. They resonated with the souls of the people who carry the sparks. They were the "Reven". They were extremely rare and for a Saelth to find one, the Saelth's power would skyrocket. As well as they would be granted a set of armor tailor-made for them that turns them into any form they wish.

The "Reven" reside in the void between the pieces of the shattered plane. It is one thing to go in the voids, find your destined Reven and survive, another thing to get back out.

The dragons, eldest of the races, hold in their most hallowed halls the entire history of the plane. Only the oldest of dragons may enter these halls. This place is called the "Illerium" or "The place of light." It is rumored that this hall, more likely, a citadel, is made entirely of the crystallized essence of light.

The common dragons have now learned of this place. For they are the only race allowed into the hall, it is up to them to retrieve what precious little knowledge dragonkind has stored in order to save Ehvin.

Shattered in time and space, Ehvin drifts. There is no way to save it, at least none that anyone knows of aside from the eldest of dragons. Protect your spark with your life, who knows what will happen?

Destroy the maelstrom, uncover a timeless conspiracy and open the gateways to other worlds.

More so, as a Dragon, will you be willing to take the quest?

Choose your path, it may be the last thing you'll ever do.

Information!

Species
Dragons
Elves
Cind-These are dragons of fire. NOT dragons of the element of fire, but dragons made from fire.
Aviendrii-A race of avian humanoids. Think elf but with wings and feathers in random spots of their bodies.
Lycandu-A race of canid-like creatures. They roam the plains and are solitary beings.
Epimandu-Long lost race of energy beings thought to have vanished suddenly when Exiron was born. Under the circumstances of Ehvin's shattering, they once again resurfaced, bent upon taking back what was rightfully theirs.

Form:

Character Form:

Post your character sheet in the Character Sheets forum and post the link here for easier manipulation, thank you.

Characters:

Last edited by Malkuthe Highwind on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Zana, is, of course accepted.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:29 am

By the way, there's gonna be a little change for The Spark. Remember how we usually bring our characters on long journeys yet they always seem to have abundant supplies of food and water even in deserts as well as places devoid of life? We're gonna implement a new hunting system. Once the real journey begins, characters would have to hunt for their own food and water, not necessarily after every post. After my posts, I'll be putting a spoiler which would contain how many days of food and water are left for each character/party.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 am

I've made a character for The Spark, and I'd like to join. But I'll wait for Malkuthe's or Thoron's okay to post in the IC section, alright?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 am

You've got the go signal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks!
Er... EVERYBODY decided to bath at the same time. O.o For different reasons.
I just couldn't avoid noticing that.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am

Noticed it too. XD
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 am

I just have the feeling Syurin will be very upset with so many strangers... wanting his attention - during a very important mission - that he just hates by now. Yes, that is very troublesome.
Back to top Go down
willtofly258
One Who Walked the Planes
One Who Walked the Planes
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Probably out of irritation, he'll attack Zana first probably for revenge for incinerating his pants. Then not care for the aviendrii saying they're pesky flies and the dragon posing as an aviendrii will protect Zana. If Syurin sees the group.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 am

Kyrion and Thoron67, I'll make a vague post about Syurin and then it will be up to you to carry the story until such time that you free Syurin, or Syurin is freed by unnatural circumstances. After all, my character is in a cell, not much development can go on and not much of a chance for character interaction.

Take the helm my friends.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 am

Well, part of me was thinking you would provide the unnatural circumstances Razz As Thoron mentioned, Zana has an idea on how to deal with Syurin, so we will probably skip to the next day. Our characters will only rest or whatever dagons in love do when together :3 If something could happen it would be only a special dream... I don't know, I ran out of good ideas.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:44 pm

I actually have plans to put Syruin to work immediately that next morning.
If no one objects in my next post I shall time skip to the next morning
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 pm

I think it's perfectly fine. Go on, Thoron. So you can continue posting with us, Malkuthe. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 am

@Thoron67: Ooohh.. BONDAGE. LOL. *raises eyebrow*

Sorry. Couldn't help it. Razz.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am

Funny
Another joke like that and Zana will employ the use of a spiked whip to keep Syruin in control
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 am

Ohmygod Derek. You're making it more awkwardly kinky than it already is. Razz.

LOL.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 am

You say kinky

I say Syruin on the floor, bleeding to death as he lays in a puddle of his own blood
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

Pfft. You know full well how ebil I am.

It may or may not happen sooner than you think. Wink
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 am

Hmm, you may be right.
Syruin keeps up his current attitude for much longer and Zana may have to figure out how crunchy elven skulls are.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

Whoa. o.O. I didn't know Zana was that sadistic.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh please, admit it...
Syruin's attitude could make a nun that sadistic and you know it
XD
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Fair enough my friend. Razz. But.. But.. Syurin's so adorable I wanna hug him! >__<.

I'm gonna log on to the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

OMFG. ANOTHER FREAKING PROJECT TOWARDS THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR. >___>.

I SWEAR. I'm gonna strangle my science teacher one of these days. UGH. >__>.

Sorry for the allcaps guys. It's just so freaking irritating. >__>.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:10 am

I'm basically waiting for Syurin's reaction to post something, as Sellarie is just there to see what happens. I'm not posting in Sylfe for a similar reason... Fran is waiting to see what happens around the bubble (the character that are in her company, Tia and Issend, are pretty much in a halt, too) and Are'Zel is still trapped; poor little tormented angel, will be much worse in a few posts :/

I hope your projects are all over, Malkuthe. If not, I wish you patience, because efficiency you have more than enough
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 am

Yep. I finished a few days ago, but I still had a lot of things to sort out so I wasn't able to post much. I should be able to now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - OOC/Signups   The Spark - OOC/Signups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spark - OOC/Signups
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next