The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:50 am

Oh. Haha. Sorry. >.< Still trying to think of a concept. >.<
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:12 pm

... so says the man you can think up hundreds of possible plot twists and even created the entire shah'haien multiverse we are currently working with
come on man, creating a simple character should be rather easy for you
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:57 pm

@Thoron67: Dear friend of mine, Characters are more difficult to come up with than settings and plots. HAHA. Smile). I'm working on it though. You know how thorough I am when it comes to character creation. Smile)
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 am

Hey, let's make a team! I'm much quicker when creating characters than plotlines! I almost instantly know what they like, habits, fear, desire, and even what they eat. Mannerism, facial expression, hands, daydream... how they feel in a rainy day, if they like snow, if they can cook, whatever. They are born complete in my mind, like a paralel personality. But long stories keep losing the "fresh" aspect when I try.

Thoron is just perfect designing characters. They look awesome, with detailed clothes, accessories, weapons, chains, plates, body modification, treasure... there are even the random, that are just waiting for a story, so they can exist properly.

When we put all those things together, we can have a book or series! Malkuthe creating a world, the drama and the situations, Thoron designing characters and creatures to inhabit this world, and I fill them with personalities and problems XD
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:59 am

That sounds like an attractive idea. But if ever we get it off the ground, it would take a long LONG time. XD. Anyway, let's see what happens. Very Happy. I'll have a character up by wednesday.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:09 am

@Malkuthe: my dear old friend... your mind is parallel to mine. i can create a character in a heartbeat, but it takes me AGES to create a world and a stable plot... infact, i have yet to create a stable plot XD; on the other hand i created Raoul in less than 10 minutes

@kyrion: why thank you my friend, i'll admit, my skill lies in character creation, physical appearance and tiny details flow rather well... personality....i can't create a stable mindset or effective back story to save my life
i still think your a far better artist than i am
both of you are way better than me... i just have a lot of free time

but hey, if we did all work together, we could make an awesome story
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 am

thoron67 wrote:
@Malkuthe: my dear old friend... your mind is parallel to mine. i can create a character in a heartbeat, but it takes me AGES to create a world and a stable plot... infact, i have yet to create a stable plot XD; on the other hand i created Raoul in less than 10 minutes

Haha. I know a lot about people psychologically and I can tell a person's personality by the words he/she uses and the actions he/she does. I guess it's the trying to make a character as realistic as possible that makes my character creation process very long. You can make a stable plot. In fact a stable plot is a loose plot. Stick to one core plotline and let your roleplayers/mind do the rest without deviating from it. You could make sub-plots, but never ever EVER let your core plotline deviate.

thoron67 wrote:
but hey, if we did all work together, we could make an awesome story

Uh-huh. Flattery aside guys, I'd like to point out the obvious. Are we not already doing that?
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 am

Thoron, I disagree in this aspect. I'm not a better artist. This last year, I have had a lot of free time too; I'm waiting to take a test in my university in december 18th, when I'll change my cursecourse from Psychology (Yes, I give up psychology) and begin Literature. I hope I'll be admitted... the next year of Literature will start the next February.

Also, come on guys, I'm older than you. I have been trying and commiting mistakes for a longer time. I'm sure you progressed a lot in the last two years, Thoron, and will be even better in the future. Don't underestimate your art, both visual and textual.

We are already making awesome stories ^_^ You both created much before, and now this is my first try in a longer plot. Let's just explore these skills at the max.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 am

True, true.

Anyway, Kyrion, I sent you a Pm, you can post your answer here if you wish. I just want to know if there are naming conventions for the races. If there are none I will stick to Tenebraeus Ygnis.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 am

Yes, you can use the name ^_^ the last name - or family name - can be noble or more simple in origin. What fits you best.

Of course there is no Latin in Ëthan, but the meaning can be the same, if you wish, as you adjusted a little.

More about Liannon, here:

Liannon are a reserved society of the forest areas, pretty much like elves, but prefering their homes in the soil rather than trees. The hierarchy is simple, centered in ritual leaders and witchdoctors, the basis of knowledge, and rich families of old name, the ones that have the bigger contact with strangers. But they are far from rustic or simple-minded; Their education is very serious and long. Like humans, they tend to follow natural inclinations or family traditions (specially among the nobles), becoming artists, merchants, doctors (using herbal medicine and even spiritual advices), travelers, storytellers, artisans. Very few are warriors, keeping guard in Liannic cities. The Liannon never took place in a war, and even their territory was safe from quarrels between conquerors. There are many cities, smaller than most human, elemand or commonplaces. Their location is not a secret, but it's never so easy to enter one, for they are in wild places, with unclear pathways.

Their life is highly involved with spirituality. They value astronomy and believe in the spirits of nature even more than elves, respecting all kind of beings, and choosing a vegetarian diet. (It's important to mention that even humans, elemand and rhadors believe in many kinds os spirits and divine entities, specially in rural areas, or lands ruled by mages.) Some Liannon have the special gift of feeling, seeing, or hearing these spirits, both from the nature itself or ancestors. The ones who can "understand" their language and advices, take a longer education and train their skills. The males usually become shamans, curing possible plagues, leading rituals to garantee protection or prosperity, interpreting dreams... their clothes are adorned with parts of nature, including feathers, leaves, roots, claws, fangs, according to their rank and speciality. A herbal master will be dressed differently from an "astral walker", one who can make his spirit fly when his body is sleeping, and remember what they saw when traveling the world, the world above, or the underworld

The females are usually trained to be priestesses. They won't have a mate or offspring. Their education is similar to the shamans, but while the males use the nature as instrument, acting as doctors and spiritual guides, priestesses use spirits to foretell the fate, counsel the family leaders, write books and guard their race secrets. They are also responsible for the children's education in bigger cities, and a very rich family can have one as a tutoress. They are usually dressed in soft and light dresses and veils, adorned with pearls, moonstones, metal brooches and delicate crowns. It's not impossible for a male become a priest, or a female shaman, for they believe in fate and the gifts come from the Entities, but they can suffer some masked discrimination.

Lenora is the biggest liannic city (what means it has an ordinary size for a simple human city), and is known for their many schollars and stellar education: rich families of humans, elves, and very rarely Elemand or Rhador send their children to be educated by the Liannon. It's also an important market place, supplying other liannic cities with the goods from other races, through trends and many shops.

Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks for the quick response Kyrion. I'd like to imagine you have a whole compendium of knowledge about Ethan lying around just waiting to be typed up. HAHA.

Anyway, I shall get back to you with a character soon. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:43 pm

-u-
Oh well, take all the time you want malkuthe... I just can't wait till Raoul get to run about and steal stuff from everyone's characters :3
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

It will be fun ^_^ don't rush things, Malkuthe, this is to be pleasant, and not an obligation.

Heh, Raoul can easily steal things from Erberus/Dion, but can't fool Leo so easily Razz he also has good ears, and it's not exactly a dabbler.

Malkuthe, since you you have approved the story, I'll put the seal in my characters, okay?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Of course. Go ahead. Hmm, I was actually wondering why you hadn't put the seal yet.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 am

I am so sorry I have not been able to work on my character. >.< I have a massive writer's block going on right now. >.< I can write nothing but poetry, in fact. >.<

Not that I'm uninspired, quite the opposite actually because I'm happily committed, but I can't seem to put it into words right now. XD. I'm in more of an art mood than a writing mood right now. >.<
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am

It's perfectly fine ^_^ I'm also in a break with my writings, and dedicating my time to dance and theater these last days. We will present a piece this weekend and the next. But I'm always here in some moment of the day, so you can post anything you want, and I'l check.

Thoron, you too can post/ask/say anything. Are you alright? XD
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

oh i'm fine, been trying to focus on art recently though
just sort of waiting for malkuthe to post :p

i'm just not the talkative type
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

^^ really Derek? You used to be the most talkative one on here.. Then again there was only me, you and guar. xD.

>.< I'll try to get it done this weekend. So we can start before the holidays begin! :3. Yay XP-mas! Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:42 am

I AM DONE! Finally!

I am finally done with
Probably the character I took the longest time to createTenebraus
!

BY THE WAY!
For the win!Tooltips
!
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 am

You're really enjoying the tooltips XD

Yes, I'll start the RP tomorrow, almost certainly. Through the course of the story, you can create more characters to integrate the team, if you feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 am

Haha! Yes, indeed, I really am enjoying these
REALLY AWESOMESAUCEtooltips
. Although, they are quite lengthy to type out. Not to mention the annoying fact that they tend to get cut off at the sides.

They're currently only CSS3, but when I get more knowledge, I'm getting the jQuery version of them. BTW, once I begin the implementation of HTML pages, I will be putting most of the information that just won't fit OOC threads in them. For instance, like you said, if you were to put everything about Ethan here, it would take the space of a wiki.

We won't be having that problem for long. Very Happy. We can actually migrate the wiki here and have it all on one site. Very Happy.

ON TOPIC: I'm really looking forward to the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 am

I'm having problems with my Internet. A new router will be here in a few days, and probably I'll be back more frequently
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 am

Ohh. Well, that's alright. We can wait Kyrion. Smile. Take care!
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 am

I'm with my Internet again, and now with most of my (chaotic) routine. ^_^ Thanks, Malkuthe
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 am

On Ëthan's last post I implied a time skip. If you have any ideas/occurrences during the short journey to Braus' place, feel free to post them/propose them. You can also have one final word for this scene, before the skip; I can edit the post to adjust to this modifications. If not, we can just jump to their arrival, or it's proximity.

I'm doing that just because I fear this will be a rather long story ^_^' We can create chapters if necessary, and if you, Malkuthe don't mind. I have many long shots and plans for future events. And I want to see your participation, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)   Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ëthan: The Ayalla War (OOC and Signups)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next