The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

Lux Tenebris - OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

The Premise:
=========
Elyne is a land bathed in eternal light; its inhabitants born from the radiant rays of sunlight and the milky bars of moonlight. The creatures that dwell on its luminescent surface are incarnations of the light that they represent, flesh and blood made from light solidified.

Each nation of Elyne’s vast tracks of land possesses a lighthouse that ascends beyond the lofty clouds. The light of these towering lighthouses provide sustenance for Elyne’s inhabitants. As long as the lighthouses remain lit as they have been since the beginning of time, no Elynian requires food or water.

In these lighthouses reside the monarchs, the Luxes of the nations. Their light is the most radiant, the most powerful, and the most majestic. A threat, great in the magnitude of its power, unlike any Elyne has ever known is making its way for their radiant world. Beings of shadow from another world, Aespectriill, beings that devour the light for their sustenance have been chased off of their home world.

Day by day, these shadow beings arrived in droves, but no one ever noticed. The radiance of the lighthouses burned away the forerunners of the invasion. As they arrived, however, the shadows in the nooks and crannies of Elyne began to grow. Wisps of shadow appeared in the lighthouses, materializing into Aespectriill. Eventually, thousands of them began to materialize in the chamber of the Luxes whose light no longer protected them from the ravaging hunger of the shadows. From their mouths and eyes, the light of the Luxes left their bodies, devoured by the most powerful of the Aespectriill, beings that would come to be known as the Tenebra.

Elyne is falling into darkness. The light is only just beginning to stir against the threat of the shadow. Will you join the battle against the encroaching darkness, or will you be one of those who devour the light?

=========

The Atmosphere:
Spoiler:

The Setting:

Elyne is a flat world with three vast continents surrounding a central sea. Each continent houses one of three nations of Elynians. To the North, Ignis, born from the light of flames; to the East, Sol, born from the radiance of the sun and to the west, Lune, born from the luminance of the moon.

Ignis
Spoiler:

Sol
Spoiler:

Lune
Spoiler:

Elynian Society
Spoiler:

The Plot:

Elyne is a peaceful world where light is perpetual. There is never a dark day or night for that matter in Elyne. The inhabitants of this plane are born from light, firelight, moonlight, sunlight, aurorae, candlelight, lightning, any kind of light. Peace is absolute in Elyne, the nations require no trade nor money for their sustenance is the light of the lighthouses provided by the Luxes, the most radiant among them.

However, recently, a race of light-devouring beings with semi-corporeal bodies of shadow began arriving en masse on Elyne. At first the light of the Luxes was able to keep them at bay, burning away the forerunners of the 'invasion.' However, as the main force of the shadow beings began to arrive, they slowly pushed back the light. Since the lighthouses were the foci of power on the plane, that was where the shadow beings manifested once they entered Elyne.

Eventually, as droves of these "Tenebra" as they came to be called materialized on Elyne, they were able to overcome the light of the Luxes. The most powerful among them assimilated the light of the Luxes into their being. These Tenebra have been chased off of their homeworld by some yet-unknown terror. Few of them even know why they left, but they knew very well that they either flee and live or stay and die.

Because of this, Elynian society collapses. Without the light from the Luxes, they are reduced to mortals with mortal needs. They must eat and drink and fight to survive. For a race of people that has never done any of these, it will be difficult and countless many will be absorbed by the Tenebra before they can muster the strength to fight back.

As for the Tenebra, everything is a matter of survival. Kill or be killed. Eat or be eaten. They all know it is only a matter of time before whatever was chasing them catches up.

Right now, it is pretty apparent that things are quickly heading downhill. If all the Elynians die, then none will be left to feed the Tenebra who would eventually waste away as well. Nevermind biological incompatibility, nevermind cultural differences, nevermind language barriers, there is obviously only one way to get through the cataclysm: Coexistence. That should be your goal.

Your Role as a Roleplayer:
Spoiler:

The Kinds of Elynian:
These are just a few kinds of Elynians I came up with. You can suggest more if you want, but there are a lot here. The kind of light they were born from will show basic character traits and (if ever) the kind of magic that Elynian can wield.

Ignis Family:
Spoiler:

Sol Family:
Spoiler:

Lune Family:
Spoiler:

*NOTE: Appearances are simply general appearances and characters can have variations of them. Also, height is based on human proportions.

The Tenebra:
The Tenebra were once a peaceful race of shadowy beings that hailed from the world of Sylfe. They needed only to feed during the full moon and even then, hurt no one in the process. However, their world has fallen prey to an ancient evil and their exodus has turned them into the beasts they are now.

They possessed an old religion dedicated to the preservation of life and the imminence of death. However, all concept of society has degraded and the Tenebra have been reduced to beasts whose only goal is survival.

The Type of Tenebra depends on the Elynian it preys upon. A Halo Elynian will be preyed upon by a Halo Tenebra whose qualities are negative reflections of a Halo Elynian. In the case of Elynians that are capable of negative qualities, the Tenebra that preys on them will have a greater magnitude of these qualities. A Vulcan Tenebra for example, would have insatiable bloodlust.

However, there are six archetypes:
Spoiler:

Void Tenebra:
These Tenebra are created when an Abyss Tenebra consumes another Abyss Tenebra. The consciousnesses of the two clash for control over the new body. This new body can consume an extremely large amount of light. There are only three void Tenebra, the ones that consumed the light of the Luxes. Their shadows can suck the light out of any Elynian within eyesight.

Methods of Communication:
Tenebra for the most part, can communicate verbally with the exception of murders and flecks.

Murders can communicate telepathically. Although only a sufficiently powerful flock can convey words instead of emotions, images and other sensory messages.

Flecks, provided that the colony is large enough can 'speak'. However, the message is often fragmented and filled with 'static', making it hard to understand.

Another important thing to note is that wisps speaks with a ghostly whisper which can often be passed off as only a figment of the imagination. This makes it difficult for it to communicate with fellow Tenebra, yet also makes it one of the most effective Tenebra to torture the Elynians with.

Character Sheet!
Spoiler:

A note on magic
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

No takers? xD.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Questions: Could a Tenebra - not a particularly strong one - try to communicate, while at least slightly distant, with an Elynian? (With mimic, for example, as they don't share the same language)

If an Abyss consumes another kind of Tenebra, and the other, by any chance, wins the fight between both conscioussnesses, will the body still be completely Abyss-like, or will it have some characteristics from the Tenebra consumed?

It's funny how one could react when facing potential characters that divert completely from one's morals and values XD While I'm tempted to create an evil character, I'm also trying to imagine something/someone to pacify the tension. And both sides of story are challenging, so my mind forms a lot of characters! >_<
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Question number 1: Yes, that is possible.

Question 2: If it's still a fairly young abyss(that is, has only devoured a few Tenebra) then yes, the other Tenebra's characteristics would also manifest. Although the problem is that as the abyss eats more and more Tenebrae, it will grow darker and darker with a more and more warped form. Eventually being so dark that even other Tenebrae won't be able to see them anymore. xD.

Heh. That's the thing about this Roleplay. I think it's one of the more challenging ones I've ever made. xD.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 am

As usual, could I make two characters? This would solve most of my pathological creactive burst >_<
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:46 am

Make as many characters as you want, as long as you can keep track of them.

In fact, this RP would play best with an entire cast of characters.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 pm

I'd never lose track of my characters ^_^ In fact, I already have too many, and some of them just need a detailed form or a "world" to inhabit.

Of course it would be much more fun³³ if we could gather a few more really interested roleplayers. Unfortunately, I'm always dealing with "too busy/stirring people", even among the artistic kind, around here :/ I'm trying very hard to persuade them to form a real group of RPG. Well...

While we wait for our bigger group, I'm not against the idea of multiple character per roleplayer. It would be interesting having a bigger group of characters... including the chance to really 'die' or vanish in the story; the group would deal with the loss, the drama, but would continue their fight/journey/position/war/story/picnic/whatever, like any longer plot.

What would be a good number to settle your main plot? I'm saying for both Tenebra and Elynian (of course I'd create at least one of each kind ^_^)

Should we post our characters?
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 am

Just going to ask about abyss tenebra
As far as they go, you don't really mention what they look like other than them being darker.
Just wondering If at this stage of evolution they take on a form of semi-solid form, or if they remian formless shadow beings, with the ability to alter their form at will
Just want some clarification.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 am

Yes, Abyss interest me too Wink About this form question, I just wondered how the part of the gender will be like, specially considering the appearance
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:20 am

The reason I did not include a specific form for the Abyss is that there simply isn't. For one, at higher levels of evolution, Abysses tend to be so dark it's hard to distinguish them from the surrounding darkness. For another, Abysses often do not have a focused enough consciousness to will a certain form into existence.

Following that line of thought, most of the time they are formless masses of shadows. Some of them might even have tentacles, but meh. Anyway, an Abyss whose consciousness is powerful enough to not have been shattered by the process of incorporating another Tenebra's consciousness will have the willpower to shape its body into whatever form it desires as long as it is around the same size as its original form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lux Tenebris - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Tenebris - OOC   Lux Tenebris - OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lux Tenebris - OOC
Page 1 of 1