The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

The Spark - IC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheLastElf
Newcomer
Newcomer
TheLastElf

The Spark - IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 am

Algaisia didn't notice the disturbance by the sun, for he was still running. Flipping over a bush, he ran on. The dragon was ahead of him now, and Al feared that the person on horseback might be eaten before he could arrive. Pushing himself on to greater speeds, he was determined to keep the dragon in his sights. He fingered his knife, his only protection he had, and knew it would be useless in a fight. Still, perhaps that one person might be better at fighting, or at least could escape if he could warn that person in time.
He ran across a stream, and almost immediately fell, for the annoying human boots did not have grip. He rolled to right himself, and continued on. He started looking around, for perhaps there was something that could help him. Five minutes later, There! A Glsitnek! Glsitneks gave energy, enabling one to do an activity for longer durations of time. He stooped down, and ate it, while running, he was exhausted, and hoped the plant would act soon.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 am

Sellarie smiled, satisfied and happy inside, for being considered a good company for this possible journey. Evenus would be there too, and having a "team" so suddenly, after weeks of lonely wandering was really pleasant. And that little impression that they would travel much more than just pursuing a young lord of elves was still tingling, but not a real preocupation at the moment.

But another sensation hit him, something like a discrete change coming from behing, a little emanation touching his back. Maybe because he was in the sky, without any barrier between him and the disturbance in the firmament above. He turned his head a little just to verify, but the vision made him change route, to have a full view of the occurrence. Even if the first impression was not of impending danger, he was certain that this was not right, and far beyond magic he knew until now.

Turning again, he reapproached Zana and Evenus, now very close to the elf they were following, who stopped too, looking to the sky; his expression telling that he had no clue about the occurrence too. "I have no idea what's happening, we must be cautious. This is really unnatural, or a very good illusion..."
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Self-proclaimed genius, that was what was often labeled on Syurin. There was no questioning his ability in military tactics, but in most other things, his intelligence was questionable. The horse was running for its life and Syurin was relentless in pushing him onward. The saddlebags added to the poor horse's calvary, but Syurin cared not for it.

A few yards from the city's gates, the horse collapsed, foaming at the mouth. Syurin leaped off of it in one graceful motion before it hit the ground and took only his sword, bow and quiver. There was enough money on him and for sure the king would grant him supplies for the way back. Something glittering in the bags caught his eye and it was a small leather pouch with a single large blue gem set in it.

He grabbed it before sprinting for the gates, flashing his signet ring at the guard and yelling that a dragon was on his trail. Sure enough, the white dragon burst through the thicket and Syurin got a single look at it before the gates closed.
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
willtofly258
One Who Walked the Planes
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm

" What is that?" Evenus wondered as he looked at the sky. The black disc that was near the sun made it look like there was going to be a solar eclipse. What terrified him was the disc itself. It radiated an evil red aura and purple bolts of lightning accompanied it. Around it, it looked like time has stopped. The phenomenon made him stagger. It reminded him of his nightmares. It wasn't exactly a storm, but the eerie feeling he got, it was the same when he saw the nightmare earlier.

His wings had stopped working, as he continued staring. He hugged himself in fear, not realizing that he was falling fast. Only a few inches from the ground did he realize and quickly maintaining his composure, ascended back into the atmosphere, trying to shake off the feeling of dread. He increased his speed, not realizing the two had already gone past him. As soon as he caught up with them, they had caught a glimpse of the elf before the grand gates had closed.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

Zana looked up to see wat everyone was gawking at... then gulped in fear... something about that... it was, unnatural. just seeing that black disk, sparking with purple energy, it terrified her beyond all reason, making her shudder in fear. she then turned into a full on nose dive, yelling out "as long as that things in the sky... i will not be!" she yelled as she began to even out and slow down. she then folded her wings and disappeared below the tree line.

after a few minutes of silence... and a flash or two of magic from the trees, Zana emerged from the forest back onto the main path. she was in elf form and dressed quite differently. her outfit was no longer that of the simple green dress, but or of something a rogue might wear. she waved them both to come down as well. she sighed, watching the gates close... she sighed, nope she was not giving up. she was bound and determined to get that boy... she wasn't sure why she wanted to apologize to him, or why she was this determined to do it.... something just drew her in that direction...

it should be easy enough for her to get in the city, after all she was an elf and only very very skilled magic users could peirce her disguise... and she could silence them quickly if need be. Sellarie could most likely shift his form to loss the wings and look more elf like if need be... but did they even allow other species in the elven city? well if they didn't let Evenus in there had to be some form of magic to make him look like an elf... right??
Back to top Go down
TheLastElf
Newcomer
Newcomer
TheLastElf

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:14 am

Algaisia, exhausted, burst from the thicket next to Zana. He stopped, gasping for breath, then said, "Get to the town.... there is a dragon nearby..." He sat down, holding his sides. He then, after he was recovered, said, "Was that you on the horse?" He motioned to the horse in front of them. He glanced up, there were still two.... bird like things circling. He strode towards the gates purposefully, intending to get to safety. Along the way, he knelt by the horse, and muttered soothing things to it, while getting his pouch out. He still had part of the root that he used to give him more energy, and tried to get the horse to eat it. He had compassion for such animals, and would not leave it for the dragon if he could help it. He started taking off some of the burdens it held, and slung it over his own back. The owner would want it back, but he would help the horse carry it, if only the horse would stand.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:44 am

Sellarie headed down, seeing Zana wave her hand. He quickly noticed the other elf taking care of the horse, while picking up some of the bale "Is he trying to steal some of that lord's goods..? No, since he wants to enter the same city. I never imagined such action." He landed near the exhausted elf, covered in sweat, and offered his arms "We can share the weight if you really want to return all this to that guy. You are too tired to carry this much"

After placing some of the bags in his shoulder, Sellarie opened his wings a little to keep balance. "We are not the owners of this animal; he entered the city just now, leaving it behind. It was cruel, but he also had any strange motivation to do so. And if I heard right what you said earlier... don't worry too much about dragons now, there will be no attacks." He stated in calm resolution, leaving the reason for his confidence a mystery to the other. Probably that would be the worst occasion for their natural form, since they would need the trust of the guards to enter the city. Once, dragons were very respected by their nature and wisdom, but fear was a better description for all reactions nowadays.

Sellarie thought about their possibilities. He was sighted in aviendrii form by this stranger, and maybe by the guards. If the guards knew about the shapeshifting ability of dragons, they would need another approach. More magics now would just attract undesired attention. He made a sign to Zana "Talk to the guards and see if they are friendly with strangers, I'll be looking far from their sight. If not, you give me any signal and I'll try to be as elvish as possible, and help him" he said quietly, pointing to Evenus. He would not say the real names os his friends if they didn't by themselves. He turned to the other elf once more, trying to look less suspicious "I'm Sunset, by the way" he shrugged.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Zana blinked at this strange elf... but she had to admit, his compassion for the horse touched her heart. she smiled and went over to him "no... it wasn't me on the horse, just some rude lord" she smiled and kneeled down next to the horse. at first the horse seemed scared, it as an animal was able to do one thing sentient beings like elves and humans could not... it could pierce zana's disguise and sense Zana was truly a dragon. despite it knowing this truth, the horse seemed brave, seeing it could very well be eaten but it was a proud animal.

this made Zana laugh her, she simpled and petted the horse, amking it calm slightly. then see did one thing few beings could do... she spoke in the language of horses. " calm yourself, i promise i wont hurt you. i would never hurt you... i just want to help.. now come one lets stand up... thats a good boy" she said this to the horse. the horse understood, but to anyone else zana would well, sound like a horse. it was one of Zana's special abilities she rarely used. she could commune with almost any kind of animal. it was a truly rare gift, even rare among elves and dragons. just as she asked it to, the horse slowly made it's way to a standing position. she smiled and patted it's neck, transferring a bit of energy into it.

she smiled at the elf boy as Sellarie came up and did what he could to take off some of the elf's load. Zana laughed a bit "like her said, that dragon is no problem, no attacks, that much you can count on" she winked. nodding, she waved and sprinted ff towards the gate to speak with the guards. "i'm Zana by the way!" she yelled back
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:30 am

The elven city had been designed to look as though one street headed straight for the third tier, where the palace was, but Syurin knew that there had been a defensive strategy involved. The street sloped upward, towards the second tier which was practically built on top of the first tier, with higher walls. After taking a few steps, Syurin put his hand out and indeed, there was a wall. It was a house before him, cleverly painted to look as though it was a section of the road, and the people on it painted in such a way that as you moved towards it, they moved towards you, though Syurin was certain that was some kind of enchantment.

"Bah. Can't they just have made it easy for me? They should not make me walk. To be honest it's an honor for them that I am in their city" muttered Syurin under his breath as he took a route of elaborate twists and turns before finally arriving at the palace. It was already beginning to get dark and Syurin flashed his crest to the guard whose eyes widened and immediately lowered the drawbridge and opened the portcullis.

Syurin strode in, sending a servant off with some of his things and telling the servant to meet him at the throne room. He went straight for the King.
Back to top Go down
TheLastElf
Newcomer
Newcomer
TheLastElf

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Algaisia blinked, surprised at what Zana could do. She could talk to animals? he thought, and immediately had deep respect for her. Most elves, the closest to nature there was, could not do such things. He wondered if Zana had a spark, both for her amazing ability, and for her willing to help others. Standing, already tired, under the load he would carry to the gates. He appreciated the fact that the others offered to help, and took their offer gratefully, giving some of the weight. He grabbed the horse's reigns, and slowly plodded towards the town, encouraging the horse along.
When he caught up to Zana, he looked at Sellarie to make sure he was here, then said, "I am Algaisia." He kept sneaking looks at Zana, for the rare ability she held was stuck in his mind. Does she have a spark? he asked himself yet again. He would be proud to serve under her, as they traveled around, helping all others, even a horse in the mud. However, the image of the horse seemingly scared of Zana flashed in his mind. He pushed it out, for soon the horse was calm, and probably was merely afraid of being crowded, not Zana herself.
Back to top Go down
willtofly258
willtofly258

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Evenus landed and immediately folded his wings. His attention came to the elf standing next to him. He was the same one trying to run away from Zana. He tried to force down the chuckle. Oh if he only knew who these two were. His focus then came to the city. How will he be able to come to the city. He figured that the guards would only allow elves and it would be strange for an aviendrii to be inside an elven city since most aviendriis live at the mountains at the other side of the plain. He needed magic. Unknowingly, his bow had started to hum beneath his pack, glowing very faintly.

He then looked at the elf once more. "Hey. The name's Evenus. I am an aviendrii. Call me a bird-man and I swear I will kill you on the spot. He smiled, the same playful smile he showed to Zana and Sellarie the first time they met. He then approached the two and saw Zana trying to make the horse stand. The horse appeared calm, but to him it seemed scared. Maybe he knew that Zana is a dragon. This horse is smarter than this elf. glancing at the elf. Go figure.

" Hey Sunset, do you think we aviendrii can get into this city of elves?" He made sure that the elf was not to be suspicious of either Zana or Sellarie. If Sellarie changed into an elven form, the elf may become suspicious. Zana was already in her elf form, she would be safe.

" Now how to get in..." he muttered to himself. His bow had hummed stronger, but not strong enough for Evenus to notice.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 am

Zana ran up to the guards and spoke with them for a few minutes... every couple seconds the guards peeked over Zana to get a look at the other 3 somewhat down the road. after a good 3 minutes they seemed to reach a consensus. with a bow and a nod of thanks, Zana ran back to the others. she smiled at them, some apparent she had been met with success. "the guards say that aviendrii are allowed in, along with a few other races. it's just not common so you both will be getting a lot of odd looks... but your allowed in the city... just dont suddenly start flying, thats a no-no" she smiled, patting Sellarie on the wing

with that she smiled and took the horse's reigns for Algaisia "so nice to meet you algaisia. after traveling with these two bird brains, it's nice to talk with one of my own" she smiled, sneaking a quick wink at Sellarie... man these elves where un-observant. it had taken Evenus mere seconds to deduce Zana and Sellarie where not what they claimed to be. with that she lead the horse and the others into the now open gates of the evlen city.

once inside Zana gapsed at the beauty of the place. everything was just so perfect and astounding... "so... sight seeing, or do we try and find our run away lord?" she asked the others
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 am

Sellarie was amazed by Zana's ability when she talked to the horse, but kept it to himself, deciding that would be a subject for later conversation. Glad with her efficiency with the guards, he agreed with the situation nodding, and followed her with the other to the city.

It's beauty was really astonishing, for it's rich architecture together with the nature, and the elegant people. The discrete looks started very quickly, but since they seemed accompanied by two elves, Evenus and Sellarie passed without any trouble. Maybe, considering his poor clothes and the goods he was carrying, the elegant people assumed him as a servant of some elf lord. That idea made him smile a bit, while a little part of his overfed dragon ego rested assured of the presumed grandiosity of his true nature.

"I think we can walk and explore a little. Find a good place for this horse rest and eat, and maybe a good place for us too. We will probably stay overnight." He pointed to the twilight. "The man we are searching for seemed very worried about his duty here, so we should wait for him to achieve it, and talk to him in a proper moment. A good meal would be very pleasing too..." He still had some money, so he could help the others with their expense.
Back to top Go down
TheLastElf
Newcomer
Newcomer
TheLastElf

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:42 am

What Zana took for unobservant, really was trust. Zana helped Algaisia save a life, of what most people consider inferior and risked impending dragon attack to do so. That spoke greatly about Zana's character, so Algaisia wouldn't try to find any possible flaws about her. When food was mentioned, Algaisia sagged with relief. He was hungry after the long run, and after he would eat, he would rest. He had no gold, as it was with the load he dumped to try to warn the person on horseback. He supposed he would have to fetch it tomorrow, but would use today to recover.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 am

The sun was nearing the horizon and already half of the way to it, the black disc was pulsating slowly. The gray area of its influence had grown considerably and Syurin, for the first time in his life, felt a pang of fear as he stared into it. "Oh Syurin, the planes need you... come... the glory of war awaits..." said the same female voice that had been in his bath only hours ago.

"Where to, my Lady?" asked Syurin, humbled for a moment in the presence of the being that just felt so ancient that he had no choice but to gape.

"Here" said She and Syurin found himself in a vast field with rolling hills and a forest to one side. Around him were countless tents and many creatures, a menagerie of beasts and humanoids strolled in between them. Every one of them carrying a whetstone and grinding away at some sort of weapon.

Magi also walked around, dressed in flowing robes that glowed with power and staves so elaborate, they seemed magical in their own way. "Where am I?!" he demanded, but the lady was already gone.

That day, the very same lady appeared to the other heroes of Ehvin and took them to the same place. To the time after time, to the Plains of Fate.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Zana smiled at her misguided lover "my dear... You see the link of a dragon and a rider entirely wrong. It is a link where both dragon and rider must work together. A pair that doesn't work together will have no power and will be useless... I know that no matter what I say, your veiw will not change here... But at the moment I plan to try and find a rider who I can trust.... Syruin was obviously less than worthy... Even for a temporary position" she laughed a bot, throwing a glance at the still unconscious syruin.

Zana placed a hand on syruin's cheek "you worry about me to much... As I have seen I am indeed powerful for a dragon who wasn't even raised by dragons... But this kindness you speak of, and my trusting of others... I often find it good to listen to what my heart says... After all, it lead me to you" she punctuated her sentence by leaning up and kissing him
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:26 am

Sellarie was in Heaven, and he tried to make the kiss a little longer, hugging Zana gently and closing his wings around them both, making the soft feathers brush their skin. Many thoughts flashed in his mind; he always thought a dragon like him would live but with his entire life traveling, just pausing here and there but with no deep bonds. Now, sharing centuries beside her was a necessity.

Breaking the kiss, he looked her in the eyes, while passing his finger through her hair. "You're right. I'm sorry for intruding on your decisions. You're mature, intuitive, not weak. I don't know why I was so used to distrust people. You have a lot to teach me." He smiled. "talking about that, we must find a place for us, so we can begin the lessons, and tell stories... and, well, we must return this young lord to his home. He was supposed to be in that elven city, but... I don't know if we can enter there again, and if he finished his duties." Sellarie looked to Syurin, puzzled. That guy tried hard, on his own way. But now he was in their way. Maybe it was time to wake him up.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 am

Zana smiled at Sellarie, sighing happily... she frowned at the mention of syruin, turning her head to glare daggers at the elf boy... it was very hard for zana to hate someone, unbelievably hard... but syruin was on his way to that point... "find a nice place to settle down so we can be alone and let the lessons can begin? sounds like a wonderful plan... but i wonder, do you really want to teach me, or do you just want to get me alone?" she laughed, poking him in the chest playfully.

she then looked down at syruin... "i guess you have a point about returning him home, or to the elf city... and waking him up... i guess i could wake him up then ask him where he needs to go... then give him a ride that way that will make him dreadfully sick or grant him a permanent fear of heights" she growled. she pushed herself away from Sellarie and quietly watched over to syruin...
she grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. then she used her free hand to slap him several times "wake up deadbeat!" she yelled as she slapped... nope, she didn't like him much at all... but if she hated him he would be on fire
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 am

Syurin woke up to a stinging sensation. When he finally stirred into full consciousness, his cheeks felt like they were burning. He lifted a hand to the irritated skin and cracked his eyes open, his gaze falling right on the face of a female elf which he deduced was the dragoness' elven form. Only she would hold him in such a way. He spat at her "Let go of me, beast!" spittle flying form his mouth right onto her face.

Looking around, his eyes widened, they were back where they started. "Noo! MY chance at glory!" he lamented.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 am

Zana lifted her fre hand and wiped the spit from her face, glaring at syruin "thats it..." she growled, grinding her teeth. she pushed syruin against the tree harder as her hand was now around his neck. she growled, squeezing his neck not enough to make him choke, but enough to make him feel the talons now poking at the sides of his neck. she growled, eyes glowing green as thick vines coiled around him and tied him down to the tree. she let go of him and stepped back for a moment "okay you little prick..."

zana then punched Syruin in the face, nice and hard, most likely giving him a nose bleed if nothing else. she growled "listen to me you pathetic worm,you are nothing! i honestly should roast you alive right here and now! i'm sure it would improve the lives of alot of people! seriously are you like this naturally or are you just trying to get me angry!" she roared. she calmed down a moment later, looking at sellarie "you... have NO idea how good that felt" she said at last, feeling better now that she had gotten that spot of rage off her chest
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 am

Sellarie was amazed by many facts, but tried his best to keep his face unperturbed. Seeing Zana enraged (even if so quickly) and another quick magic of her was really something. "I can imagine how it feels..." He turned to Syurin and worked a little magic of his own, while thinking 'I don't believe I'm doing this...'. Invisible magic flowed through the vines Zana created and touched the elf's skin, curing him slowly. But the proccess was very discrete, even for the elf himself, and that precaution was just to save the pride he still had. Being cured and helped by the 'beasts' could really hurt his ego.

"Look, we can give you a ride to your home, or to the Elvish city you headed before our adventure in another world started. Yes, we did know you were in that city. Zana even helped the horse you just left to die in exhaustion. Just tell us where you would like to go and you will be free from us, the monsters." Sellarie was probably very wrong in his affirmative, but he couldn't know that yet. "If you prefer, I can give you the ride this time" he looked playfully to Zana "I can give you a peaceful ride if you behave. You probably had your bad experiences with her, already."

That is a weak spot for a proud dragon: he can act inadvertently when thinks he's on the control.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 am

"Release me, beast" said Syurin coolly and arrogantly, suddenly remembering the authority and leverage he had over the dragons. "You were lucky I decided to set upon you using my bow and arrows and not my blade, dragon" he continued, the arrogant edge in his voice growing as his body was healed by Sellarie's magics. "Else, you would be dead by now. Your rude awakening has reminded me of my beloved blade Klyro" the blade hummed in response.

"I might not be as well versed in magic as the rest of my kin, but I am potent enough. This blade was forged upon an anvil, created by my own hand, shaped by the hammer I slammed against its molten skin" said Syurin, a threatening tone in his voice. "I SHALL be YOUR rider, lest you face the blade forged with magic forged by my wrath for my mother's murderers"

The blade glowed faintly and the vines loosened a little.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Zana just blinked at him, and snapped her fingers. the blade had been tied to the tree with syruin... but the vines around it loosened, while the vines holding him the the tree became tighter. the sword dropped to the ground. Zana smiled, lifting the blade off the ground, taking a moment to examine it. she smiled "this blade you mean? i'll admit it does have some fine craftsmanship, and i can fee the magic within it... but one problem, it's magic can only be fully tapped into when it has physical contact to you..." she was now holding the tip of the blade between two of her fingers, like someone would hold a throwing knife. she turned and sent the blade flying through the air, until it was stuck fast onto a tree on the other side of the clearing.

she turned around, extending her claws and tapping them together... "syruin... i'm going to tell you this as straightforward and clear as i possibly can... a bond between dragon and rider can only be forged if both dragon and future rider agree to forge this bond. you sir are a useless, pompous, moronic, sad little elf who i wouldn't make a rider if it was the only way to save my life!" she growled, tightening the vines a bit more. she snorted turning to sellarie " lets go... this man doesn't deserve our help... and next time i catch you using magic to help him you'll be in big trouble" she poked his chest playfully... yes she had caught that " she leaned up to whisper into sellarie's ear "the vines will away in an hour, should give him plenty of time to reflect"
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 12:37 am

Sellarie had tensed seeing how the situation evolved, and disliked it to the end. 'This will not end well'. He agitated his wings, making some feathers fall, while the ones on his shoulders, stiff a moment ago, returned to normal as he headed with Zana to the end of the clearing.

Craftsmanship embued with magic and a deep emotion or motivation, such as vengeance and wrath, makes a terrible mix. If that sword was filled with this kind of magic, Sellarie knew that was not the last time they would hear about the elf. "I know that every word you said was true. But now we probably have an enemy. And a constant nuisance."

He sighed. "I'm probably worrying too much. Well... I had an idea, before this trouble with the elf, and now I can tell you." He smiled to Zana, with pleased eyes. "A few days ago, much before I met you, I heard from the man who offered me hospitality (of course as an aviendrii, he never knew I was a dragon) about an abandoned palace, now almost a ruin, in the lands of a dead lord. It would be his summer residence, but he died before seeing his palace complete. His son gave up nobility, prefering the rude life as a paladin, and the servants of the family, now without a master, slowly took possession of part of the lands."

"The incomplete palace, however, was completely forgotten. No family member ever reclaimed it. I promised myself I would fly over there someday, if I get tired of nomad life. It already has some reputation as a haunted place, and would be a perfect lair for a dragon" He said, jokingly. "Or two dragons. With some magic and effort, we can finish the place in a short time. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:25 am

The hour passed slowly, Syurin glowering indignantly in the direction that the two dragons had traveled. "Slimy, filthy, deceptive, evil, stupid, infernal, pathetic creatures!" he muttered under his strained breath. The list of curses had been long and the spell was beginning to wear off. Apparently, the tree didn't want him near it either because with every minute, its branches creaked and groaned, serving only to amplify Syurin's anger.

The vines loosened enough to let go of him and he broke free, with his limited magic he drained the water from the vines and watched them crumble into dust. His actions were very much against elven ethics, but he thought of himself as above the "stupid, confining rules" of the fair peoples anyway.

He walked across the clearing to Klyro, back straight, chin high. Only one thing spoiled the display, he was rubbing the soreness that ran down his arms. The vines had been anything but comfortable. His coat was tattered and dirty, he took it off and threw it to the side, standing in only his breeches and silken shirt. He combed his hair with his fingers and gave a haughty puff. Those dragons would pay someday, he swore to himself silently, but they were not worth his anger.

However, he could not keep down the rage and as he extracted Klyro from the tree with all the finesse of a bladesmaster, he roared to the heavens, cursing the duo. He trudged off, looking for another clearing, not noticing that Klyro had gained a small tinge of black near the hilt.

In the shadows of the forest behind the tree with a gash in its trunk, glowing purple eyes turned away from the scene and the underbrush rustled as the body that held them slithered away. Neither of the two noticed that the tree's leaves had all turned brown and brittle. The trunk, gray as ash and dry as sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spark - IC
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next