The Planes of Shah'Haien

Welcome to the Planes of Shah'Haien forum. Here, you can RP anything as long as it is within the multiverse of The Planes of Shah'Haien series

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all RP-ers out there who are currently online. Please proceed to the Chatbox at the top of the forum index. Please and Thank you. To Log-in to the chatbox, press log-in at the upper right corner. Once again, thank you.
There are two new roleplays up and running. Namely, The Spark and World of Sylfe: The New Age
Current Active Roleplays

The time of the Dark One has passed, ended by the heroism of Raducan, now renowned as both damnor and savior of this new age. However, there is a new threat looming over Sylfe. The Dark One left his taint on the lifestream, the magical force that connects all living things and blankets the entirety of Sylfe.

The lattice has fallen into the hands of the deranged sorceror Merun Al'Caar, who believes he is a God. Using this absolute power over the inhabitants of Sylfe, he has solidified humanity's dominance over the races of the Old Age. Under the misguidance of his "Triune Church," mankind and a few converts from elder races are converting the lands into what they see as "paradise" while paving the way for Merun's transcension of his human body.

In the sky, the Grim Moon looms over the lands, a sign of the Convergence, a sign of the coming end of times. Just what role the denizens of Sylfe will play in this coming end is yet unclear.
In the ravaged world of Ehvin, an ancient malevolence is once again stirring. The Maelstrom, an unnatural storm born from warring energies left behind by Ehvin's cataclysmic past is beginning to make itself manifest again. In the shadow of Ehvin's rifts, the Epimandu, vile creatures with even viler intentions are beginning to rouse from their sleep.

The Reven are growing restless and they are putting out the call for even more Spark bearers, creatures born with a natural affinity for magic. The Reven are beings of great power, but this power came at a price, they could not leave the rifts unless they found their bonded partners who can only be individuals carrying sparks. These Reven are the polar opposite of the Epimandu, they are as much a cause for the Maelstrom as they are a solution for it.

The Grim Moon also casts its shadow over Ehvin and the Convergence is doing nothing to aid in the quelling of the unnatural tempest. The tides are changing and chaos is on the horizon.
Ëthan was once a land of divine beauty, where the cycle of nature was gracefully long, and each season could take more than two decades. Ruled by the Ayalla, special beings chosen among the mortals, the harmony of this seasons lasted through millenia, and could run forever... if it wasn't the sin of selfishness. The fear of death, the eminence of oblivion, can be too much, even for the divine entities. This is the dark point, when even the best intentions, dreams and feelings, can be corrupted. Even the power of love...

After centuries under the power of an endless Winter, mortals are reuniting to fight back the tyranny; a strugle between eternity and mortality. Could they cultivate generosity enough to fight the egotism, or are they just trying to fulfill their own desire? Who is the new avatar of order...or chaos?

This is a roleplay by Kyrion. Visit the OOC at: Ëthan: The Ayalla War

The Spark - IC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

The Spark - IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 am

Zana smiled, she seemed to be in a much better mood now… in fact it seemed the farther she was from Syruin, the more her mood improved. She laughed and looked up into her lover’s eyes as they walked “I believe you have misspoken. You say Syruin will be an enemy and a constant nuisance… I believe you meant to say an enemy who is nothing more than a constant nuisance” she chuckled

Zana grinned at the idea of the abandoned castle “a castle you say?” she purred “sounds perfect for a pair of dragons. Considering most lords, they tend to make their summer ‘homes’ big and in beautiful country. It wouldn’t take that long for us to fixit up, clean it out, and finish it… I think it sounds perfect” she grinned, displaying sharp teeth. With that she stepped away from Sellarie, going a few steps ahead of him.

She turned around “but… enough with walking… how about we travel there… the natural way?” she grinned. Her body quickly shifted, this time it seemed that her clothes transformed with her rather than just ripping off. She gave a contented growl as she stretched her powerful form, opening her wings, her bright white fur and feathers almost glowing in the sunshine. Her tail brushed the underside of Sellarie’s chin “your turn sweetheart” she purred
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 am

Sellarie's satisfaction seemed too big to fit himself, or even his dragon self. Zana just said 'yes'. "Wonderful! Yes, wonderful!" he grinned, even realizing the he was acting like a prepubescent immature boy, far from his self-conscious and controlled side. The best part was he couldn't care less about that.

He looked, pleased, to his companion, in her bright white and soft green, but disguised his glare saying "You did just great with the clothes. Maybe it's intuitive..." he positioned himself in a clear area, where he would not accidentaly strike a tree during his transformation. "You can also make a little of effect, to impress or to scare, adding a little drama. Look" he smiled, closing his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest, his wings unfolded.

For one moment, nothing happened. But, suddenly, his wings streched in size, gradually reaching the normal extent while in his natural form; the feathers, agitated by an unnatural wind, started circulating over the aviendrii. The huge wings folded, easily covering the little form under them.

Leaves and feathers were blocking completely the vision of his silhouette. Just as quickly as everything started, it came to an end. The wings, opened with a strong move to theirs complete amplitude, dispersing the last feathers, showing the natural leathery skin of the dragon, who was already in his natural form. The excessive amount of feathers just vanished by the breeze, in a glittery effect. "As you can see, this is completely unnecessary. But we can gain allies or scare foes with these little magics. Now, let's head for our new home. We should turn to the south, following the river. We will find the castle where it becomes a lake"
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Zana grinned at her lover who just a moment ago had been acting like a young boy "your so cute when your excited" she giggled. She took a moment to process his comment about her clothing. She scratched her chin "I guess your right about that... But for all I know my clothing might not re-appear" she grinned in a mischievous manner.

She nodded watching his flashy transformation "impressive... Ill have to practice on that... Perhaps I'll soon be able to do something Interesting myself" she mused. She nuzzled her head up against Sellarie's chest, giving a playful grin. Then she jumped up into the sky. She hovered, seeing the river in question "I'll race you there!" she yelled as she flew offo
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:51 am

Syurin was bristling with fury as he stomped in the direction of the elven capital, his mind swimming with images of the dragons' demise. Oh he would succeed in killing them, he just did not know when, but he would succeed. The great Syurin would not be thwarted by a couple of primitive beasts. And then an idea, a beautiful, beautiful idea blossomed in his mind. He would call upon one of the most ancient of races to help him in his battle against the duo.

He strode in the direction that the two had traveled, sensing a well of magic there. Even with his near negligible power, he would have little problem summoning the beast from the depths of history. A shadow crossed his face and more black seeped into Klyro's blade.
Back to top Go down
https://shahhaien.aforumfree.com
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 am

As Zana flew alongside Sellarie, having grown bored of the race to the finish, she couldn't help but feel something... she didn't know what this 'something' was, just a strange gut feeling, making her a little nervous... whatever was causing the feeling seemed indirect, like something she didn't need to worry about for some time. she couldn't really shake the feeling though.

well she couldn't shake it at first... then she saw something ahead of them. a dark earth bound shape that grew closer as they flew towards it, passing great distances with every flap. she gasped, looking around at the wonderful countryside around this formation... then at the formation itself. it was a castle, still tall and grand... yet somewhat unfinished and worn from age and lack of use. she couldn't keep down the glee in her voice, gesturing forward like an excited youth "is that the place?" she asked, looking to sellarie with glee.
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:00 am

"I think so!" Sellarie was also very enthusiastic about the place, his eyes looking for the confirmation his soul already had. Everything was there, as the description he heard a few weeks before: the lake behind the castle, the high walls covered in ivy, the great gates, it's wood carved with the ensign of the deceased king, an eagle surrounded by leaves. It was a really beautiful place, and Sellarie was pleasantly surprised noticing that it was very advanced in the building.

Both dragons could easily fly over the first walls and land on tha wide courtyard surrounded by the abandoned garden. Many big stones were stacked in a corner, and some wood doors were protected under the shelter of the barn, preserved from the umidity. "With a little effort and some magic, we can finish this in a couple days or weeks, if we prefer a slow pace." The big entrance was wide enough for them to enter in natural form, the same going for the halls, stairs, dining hall, greenhouse and the biggest living room. Only the corridors, minor rooms, pantries and storerooms would need a smaller form so they could walk freely.

One of the halls, with a big fireplace and beautiful long windows, was shining with many small collored reflections. Sellarie deduced that should be stained glass somewhere, and quickly he found it, already complete and still very vivid, despite the dust accumulated for decades, displaying a picture that he took for a very auspicious sign. On the highest wall, on the opposite side of the fireplace, was a huge circular stained glass showing the profile view of a dragon, and, once again, the eagle blazon of the king.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 am

Zabanya could only walk in awe, seeing this magnicant dwelling. The building was nearly complete anyway, it was a surprise nobody thought of finishing it and living in it before now. Sellarie's was perfectly right, it would takelong at all to finish and fix this place... All this she cloud of said, but kept quiet. Talking would of ruined the moment.

She didn't speak until in the final room with the great stain glass window. She sighed happily "it is truly a place built for a king... Or better yet a pair of dragons. This will be a wonderful place for us to live happily together... And maybe, sometime down the line... Raise one or two younglings" she place her paw on his, staring out into the stain glass window "I really do love that window, adds the perfect touch" she commented
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:48 am

Sellarie heard Zana with deep joy, knowing she liked the castle as much as he did. But hearing about younglings with her paw on his was amazing; and the fact that he felt quietly happy, and not exploding or anxious, was surprising as well. He always fought for his sense of independence and freedom, and having a family was something he planned only for the end of his life, in a peaceful and distant place... But now, it just seemed right. And being free doesn't mean being alone at all.

"Yes. This is the right place. And that stained glass window is our sign of affirmation. Would you like to continue exploring and rest for the rest of the day? We had many adventures not so much ago, I don't know if you feel tired. We can start the repairing tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:32 am

Syurin did not stop save for food and drink. His body which thirsted for vengeance needed not sleep or rest. His energy and his anger was fed by the blade he held ready at his side at all times. With each step he took, the dark stain on it grew. Eventually he reached the edge of the forest and beheld before him, a fine Epimandu specimen. Its eyes were glowing with anger and it hissed at him, coiling to launch itself and take his life.

The purple eyes bore into his mind, and even the filthy beast recoiled when it found not one, but two individuals sharing the same body. They were one and the same, both haughty and arrogant, yet one was good, the other evil. The blade resonated with both. Syurin smiled and beheaded the black snake, carrying with him the severed head until he reached a bend in the river, with the mansion in plain sight.

Revenge.

That was the one thing on his mind now, a mind clouded by the power of the taint on the blade. With its tip, he drew a circle with a pentagram in the soft loamy earth of the bank. The circle pulsed with power. Around it he drew runes. With what little magic he had, he deepened the furrows into channels with one large channel leading to the river. He blocked it with stones. The dam would be broken when the ritual was completed.

He began the chant, possessed by the sword's bloodlust for dragons. It was, after all, made from a rare vein of blue dragonsbane. It had an inherent magic that surpassed Syurin's own.

The power flowed from the blade to the dam which broke, allowing the river's water to fill the circle and pentagram. The Epimandu's head was in the middle of the arcane circle and it stirred, its jaws opening wide and its eyes glowing brightly. The water rose from the circle and began to spin. The air grew colder and colder. The wind howled and the ground near the circle began to frost.

When the spell was done, the newborn frost wyrm roared. It had the heart of a dragon, the cunning of an epimandu and the magic of dragonsbane. It had one objective.

Vengeance.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:05 am

Zana turned her head slightly, embarrassed slightly "err... sorry if i alienated you with the comment about kids... yes this is the perfect place, but kids wouldn't be coming for a long time anyway... i mean or relationship still is relatively new, no need to take such a huge step" she managed, a slight shade of pink coming over her white scales.

she then smiled at him "why rush to get the place fixed up? we have all the time we could ever need" she grinned "you are right though, we have had alot of adventures lately. i propose a day of rest... for us to spend some quality alone time together and just relax" she purred. though somewhere deep down, she had this strange unsettling feeling... though naturally she shrugged it off as 'new couple' jitters or something like that. all she wanted was some peaceful alone time with her handsome dragon
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:10 am

Sellarie turned his head, his eyes overflowing joy. "Don't worry... we will cross this bridge in the proper time" He nuzzled her green mane, and rested his head close to hers. He passed some seconds like this, just feeling her warmth, breathing slowly.

Magic passed through his body and rushed to the ground, gathering small particles, before reuniting again. The magic took the green form of a small plant, tiny graceful leaves and wattled vines. From the small purse he always had, he took something small, and put it inside the growing vines.

In a little time, a single bud blossomed in a white flower, many layers of petals like a big rose. In it's center, a jewel; an emerald crafted with silverish metal, delicately surrounded by metal vines like the plant where it rested.

"It's my first gift to you. With very little magic you can make it a ring, brooch, pin, earring or pendant, so you can have it using any form." The gem floated in front of them and turned slowly. The back covered in metal had elaborated letter: 'Z' and 'S' overlapped.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 am

The frost wyrm stretched its wings, glittering with countless ice crystals in the harsh light of the sun. Flap. Flap. The wings sent down currents of air cold enough to freeze the water around it immediately. Syurin toyed with Klyro in its scabbard, it now radiated a large amount of magic, almost making the air around it hum.

He needed not voice his commands, for the wyrm and he were linked deeply. A shadow of a smile crossed his face as he thought out. "Show me what you can do"

The frost wyrm bowed in obeisance and opened its maw. It unleashed a torrent of ice and cold, cold wind upon the river that immediately turned part of it into a block of ice as long as Syurin was tall. As if to prove its point, the wyrm trod upon the ice which did not break even under its tremendous weight.

Syurin told the wyrm to take flight. It took off, leaving a trail of small ice crystals and condensation in its wake. High above, it circled Syurin and moved with each of his steps. Slowly, he made his way towards the palace in the distance.
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Zana gasped, letting the snall gift float down into her open palm. She sat in stunned silence as she looked the precious gem over in her claws. It was, by everaay stretch of the word, Beautiful. She smiled holding the gift close to her heart, then turned and hugged sellarie tightly "oh sellarie! Its magnifcent i love it! thank you love. I even know hat to put it on" she said, excited.

She held out her hand, with a glimmer of magic a golden object took form. It was a wide gold collar "it was a gift from my adoptive father, he gave it to me on my birthday... before the maelstorm took him" she sighed, momentarily lost in memories. She clicked her claws, watching as the gem molded into the collar, taking a rightful place on the front center. She clicked it on around her neck with a smile. "Thank you so much" she said hugging him, delighting in the feeling of cold metal around her neck...

Now that she thought about it, it wasnt just the metal. It was getting colder in the castle. "Love... is it just me, or is it kinda cold?" She glanced out the window, the sun was shining, yet there was frost on the glass... weird
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Sellarie hugged Zana in return "I'm glad you liked it. It's very, very beautiful in you. Just perfect." he smiled. But it turned a sad smile just a second later. "Yes, it's unnaturaly cold here. It's magic of some kind." sighing, he thought why they couldn't have a little time of peace since they met each other. 'Don't we deserve it? A moment of happiness... just that'

While his heart was still suffering for the interruption, his logical mind started to work madly, searching possibilities for this occurrence. "If this is happening by the same power which teleported uf to the other world, the one in war, we will have little option but wait. We can't fight such power. In other hand, this can be a magic protecting this castle; it could have an old spell preventing invaders. Even though it's definetely unoccupied - we already walked through all the place and would have felt anyone hidden - it could be under the influence of an old ritual. We should find it's source and destroy it."

Sellarie thought of another option, and grimmaced "It could also be a thing from an enemy. And I can only think in one person." His claws pierced the ground when he unwittingly contracted them, in anger "We should be prepared." He looked to the glass, and the absurd portion of ice in it. His tactical mind sent him an alarm "If our enemy brings cold, we should leave this place. It could be destroyed in a battle, and it's dangerously close to the lake, where the water is a large source for such power. And your firebreath could be easily defeated, while my wind would be useless between these walls." He grabbed Zana's hand and headed for the exit. "Let's find out what it is and search for a better place to face our enemy"
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 am

Zana blushed at Sellarie's compliment, but tried to stay on subject. she considered the possibilities in he head one by one... "i think that magic defending the castle isn't very likely. right now it is getting slowly colder, but it's to slow. a curse to defend a castle that involved cold would be much faster, otherwise it wouldn't drive people away. a curse that creates something to defend the castle, like an ice golem, would never be wasted on an unfinished building considering the difficultly of such a curse. there are more reasons, but i'm not exactly a rambler so lets move on"

"as for the magic that teleported us to that other world, that was much more instant as well, besides if it was the same magic again it would feel the same. i doubt whoever was doing the teleportation would waste time with affecting the temperature at such a slow rate" she went silent as she followed Sellarie outside, he mind mulling over the last option.... "yes, thats the only thing that makes sense. something from an enemy, and there is only one person we both share a common dislike for. Syruin" she growled, not liking the sound of his name on her muzzle.

"yes... it makes perfect sense, he must of gone into an ego and vengeance fueled narcissistic rage... and yet..." she stopped in her tracks, her paw rubbing her jaw in thought "he didn't seem the type of elf to have ice related powers, they live up north. not to mention, whatever the source of this cold is, it is still a good distance off. he must be getting outside help, but someone so completely self absorbed wouldn't ever ask for help." she suddenly looked at her hand, noticing the scales of her palm had acquired a slight blackish tinge towards the edges and where feeling rather sensitive. something like that had happened before when she was young. she had accidently gotten into contact with a small amount of dragonsbane ore that time. but when did she recently get into contact with it... unless.

he mind flashed back to throwing Syruin's sword awhile ago, she had held it by the blade before she tossed it. that could only mean- "... crap. i think we might have a small problem. in all respects an elf like syruin, even with outside help, if hardly a make for a dragon. he can't even fire an arrow hard enough to pierce my flank. yet, for all our strength, we dragons have a major weakness. Dragonsbane, it's what dragonslayers have used for eons, thankfully the ore has become rare and the practice of dragonhunting is a thing of the past... but, i think syruin's sword may be alittle more dangerous than we imagined, if you catch my drift" she said showing sellarie her palm, so he could see the effect of merely touching his sword

Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 am

After the first surprise for what Zana had revealed, Sellarie remained calm; still tense, but self-controlled. No fear nor anger - what surprised even Sellarie himself - invaded his mind or heart. He knew the danger of dragonsbane: his tutor made sure he had an exhaustive education about all the possible dangers he could face, specially after he had chosen the life of a traveler. There were many possible ways (none of them absolutely effective) to minimize the threat of the ore, such as some herbs and long rituals, but they had no time to search or perform any of these.

Sellarie quickly assumed his aviendrii form; he would need the dexterity of his hands. He closed his eyes and started many weird positions with his palms and fingers, promptly illuminated by a pale green light. He used the power of the mudra, making runes with the positions of his hands. "This is not the best protection, but we have little choice. This magic can shields us from the immediate power of dragonsbane, so we will not be mortally wounded by it. It will be, however, painful and much more dangerous than common metal" He continued with his eyes closed and didn't stop his magic.

The rings of light were growing bigger, circling around his body, looking more consistent by the minute. The plants around his body became dry and dead, as the magic absorbed the energy of life around him. "This will drain a small part of your energy, so you can get tired more easily, Zana. It would be wise for us to finish this fight as soon as possible. It will also drain the energy of everything around me, so don't get too close. I'll try to keep you with most of your power, for your fire power can help us." Sellarie opened his arms and wings, and the green energy condensed on his palms, creating two sparkling green orbs.

"You will feel strange for some seconds, only for a short time. It feels differently for anyone, but it's rarely comfortable. Sorry for the indelicacy..." He jumped and pushed the green orb on Zana's chest. At first it found some resistence, like it was a solid sphere, but quickly entered her body in a flash full of sparks. The other orb he pressed against his own stomach, with similar result. He felt the electric sensation of the energy pulsing through his whole system, gradually covering his skin in magical protection. One million of tiny neddles stuck him from both inside and outside. Than he relaxed, feeling normal again.
i
Once more in dragon form, he shook his head to dispel the last painful feeling. "You can bite me if you're angry with me" he said playfully, while his mind focused again in a plan to fight Syurin and whatever problem he would bring. And maybe the fire was not their best weapon...
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 am

Zana winced when the magic moved through her, but didn't complain. it did hurt a bit, but it was for the best. despite that she grinned at Sellarie "your right... that didn't feel good at all. but i've save any biting or 'punishmnet' for that until later" she said with a wink. she began to pace after that, thinking. he mind was running through the immense amount of elven magic she knew... it was all severally weaker than Dragon magic, which she knew little to none of. there wasn't time for a quick lesson on dragon magic from sellarie, so she would have to work with what she knew.

then it hit her, remembering a dusty old text she had found in the basement when she was young. there where vary powerful spells there, but they where banned in most regions. though now she had a loop hole, the lands they where in belongs to a dead lord and where thus abandoned. that meant there was no immediate law to get in the way of her using the spells... not to mention she was a dragon, who was going to stop her?
she turned to the castle, and held up a hand. several large rocks floated up from a pile of unused stone. she then used her magic to place the five stones in a large hexagon, each one was about 30 meters apart. she then grabbed a large spark stick and flew up. quickly she drew a line connecting each stone to the stone next to it. then she went from each of the six stones and drew a line in the dirt connecting them to a small circle. she then placed a final stone in the center.

tired from flying about, she mutter a few words of elven magic, complex runes formed on each of the stones in the hexagon and the one in the center "there.. trap laid" she then bite her hand, wincing as the blood began to drip from it. she held up her arm and used her finger to write some strange runes down her forearm. when she was done he finger healed and the blood soaked into her scales. she winced "and back up plan done... phew" she sighed swaying a bit, but setting up her two secret spells had wasted some of her energy. yet even after she was done, she made no motion to actually tell sellaire what she had done, or even what kind of spell she had set up.

she looked up to sellarie "i think i'll lay down for a bit, to conserve my energy for whatever may come" she said laying down in the grass, shivering slightly from the cold air
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

The frost wyrm screeched from its lofty place, flying in circles above Syurin who was slowly gathering an aura of frost around him. No anger remained in his heart, no loathe nor hatred, just desire. Desire for vengeance. The blade knew why Syurin was so incompetent in magic, he had created a block on himself out of anger. The elf was simply to spiteful for elven magic.

The blade itself was quite sentient and as Syurin walked, save for the black thorns that gathered at its base, turned an icy blue. Crystals crept up Syurin's arm, encasing it in a near-impenetrable barrier of frozen water. The frost wyrm roared again and Syurin raised the blade, yelling in the ancient tongue.

He called for all of the dark dragon's brood, the traitors that turned their backs on the dragon kin to join him and eradicate what remained of their ancient enemies. From the ground sprung the cave salamanders, their skins sticky with their poison, blind eyes unblinking in the sun. From their homes in the deepest, darkest forests, the Pyre Bats whose breaths burned through dragon skin.

Syurin did not control them, the blade did. Syurin was just its vessel. The wicked magicks that kept the Frost Wyrm alive were in the blade, one of four forged out of elemental dragonsbane.
----

"The blade of frost was held high
The wyrm circled above
The army marched on to destroy
The world's last hope
Before the quest had even begun"

~Excerpt from "Tales of the Time of the Breaking" by Acilmel Anira Laaam, the Seer
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:07 am

Sellarie smiled, feeling warm and proud of Zana in a new level, now that she revealed not only a sharp mind, but courage. Blood spells are usually prohibited, banned from all civilized lands for it's dangerous and unpredictable consequences, added to the power involved. Dragon blood was a special case on it's own. He had no idea what Zana planned, but she is smart, and didn't hesitate. He couldn't say the same.

Still smiling, he sighed. He was now determined to use every weapon he could think; the lying form, breathing calmly nexto to him was his motivation. Lying beside Zana, he unfolded his wing covering her softly. They would sense danger, and act even without verbal communication.

Sellarie could feel the cold and the discrete agitation... certainly Syurin wouldn't come alone, but his allies were mysterious
Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 am

Zana laid next to sellaire, trying to enjoy the calm. it didn't last much longer than a few minutes, then she began to hear it. the sound of oh so many feet scuttling across the ground, the sound of just as many wings cutting through the air... then the sound of one gigantic pair of wings following close behind. Zana sat up suddenly as a blast of cold wind swept across them.

Zana turned her head to the horizon. the sky was being darkened by the wings of many bats, and the earth darkened by the bodies of just as many salamanders. she gasped, recognizing the creatures out of old stories and legends. they where the creatures that had aided in the near destruction of dragons in times past. but then she saw Syruin, squinting to see him better at this distance, she could see all was not right. his blade was now icy blue and thick crystals of had traveled up his arm.

then she saw the final thing that chilled her body to the bone, but out of fear. the great form of the frost worm rose above the mass of pyre bats. a trail of icy air following behind it's great body as it slowly traveled through the sky...

Zana turned to Sellaire "plan A: use wind magic to affect the pyre bats, try making a tornado if possible... then i'll start with the fire" she gulped, rather nervous
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:43 am

Sellarie bit his lip. He knew Syurin would never have the power, specially with elfic knowledge and magic, to create and control a beast like that one, made of ice and evil, just behind him. He would have fight them before, avoiding the ridicule when he was tied to the tree. Someone else was involved... he couldn't guess the truth behind the damned sword.

The pyre bats were the approaching first, and he nodded to Zana while jumping to the air. "I'll only use the tornado in an emergency. It's too hard to control, and could be dangerous with all the ice flying. But be certain about wind." Sellarie clasped his claws, and for one second, magic runes appeared in his wing's membranes. The next wing-beat produced a gush much stronger than the normal, followed by another even stronger, and then another, in a crescendo. He pushed the wind against the smaller bodies of the pyre bats, trying to make them crash against the trees and stones, while preventing their flames to reach him and Zana. If they start a wild fire, he would change tactics, using small cold breaths to extinguish the flames, instead of spreading it with the wind.

But he was really worried with the monster, the main cause for all the ice and cold around them. He hoped that Zana's trap would work at the right time. Also, he tried to find out... could the monster or Syurin 'mold' the ice, or just use it as weapon and protection?
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 am

Syurin brandished Klyro and it gleamed in the sunlight. The wyrm roared in response and began its descent, the sun glinting off of its faceted body. It shimmered with a sinister beauty and frost began to form around Syurin as the beating of the wyrm's wings summoned a blizzard to combat the brass dragon's gales.

The sound of a gurgling stream followed the Wyrm on its way down. A sort of umbilical cord extended back to the arcane circle that was its origin. In the small of the dragon's back, the water entering its body through a small hollow froze instantly.

The wyrm's icy cold blizzard buffeted Sellarie's strong gales. It left the pyre bats' flames untouched and pushed them forward. The salamanders too were unfazed, unhurt by the powerful blizzard. Underneath their feet, the ground rumbled as a new ally surged forth from the earth's bowels, the wurms, notoriously difficult to kill and nearly impossible to destroy with draconic breath because of the dragonsbane they naturally ingested in the fiery depths.

The ice that encrusted Syurin's arm was beginning to crawl up even faster. The elf didn't seem to mind though. The woods a ways away from the castle rustled with activity, brimming with curious critters. Two dragons against an army was a rare sight. Whether they would simply fade back into the shadows from whence they came or become unlikely allies of the dragons was yet to be decided.

Back to top Go down
thoron67
Astrailun
Astrailun
thoron67

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 am

Zana's eyes widened, seeing Sellarie get buffeted by the wind. she looked at the large hexagon of stones she had set up... it was still to far away to use that on the frost wyrm, at least it wouldn't activate until she made it activate. that way no slamanders or anything could trip it.
that meant she had one other option....

she looked at her arm, watching as the blood markings from before as they reappeared on her arm. she sighed, letting that spell activate. she suddenly gave a pained roar, feeling power and adrenaline rush through her system. her fangs and claws extended, her pupils dilated. she growled and leaped into the air, flapping her wings as she soared into the air, despite the high winds.
taking a deep breath, she began to unleash her flames. a seemingly endless column of fire escaped her mouth, raining down upon the salamanders first.

the spell she was using was a very old spell that basically sent dragons into an only slightly controlled murderous ramapage. it was temporary, but typically very dangerous...
Back to top Go down
Kyrion
Creator/Creatrix
Creator/Creatrix
Kyrion

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am

Sellarie looked to Zana, with a mix of astonishment and respect; he remembered when he was possessed by wrath and attacked the agador, those terrible dead creatures in the camp. He was also sad, for such magic was necessary, when they could rest and live in peace. The dragon couldn't believe he even felt sympathy - or at least some degree of compassion - for the elf that was now causing all this destruction. It was so arrogant and egotist... Even this proud dragon was horrified.

"You can make this as cold as you want! BUT THE WIND IS MINE!!" Sellarie eyes sharpened and he darted to the pyre bats, closing his wings and spinning his body, creating a small area of vacuum to protect him against the dangerous fire from the creatures. His wings fought back the blizzard, and the snow made it difficult to see through the distance. Zana could be favored, being white and green like the trees covered in ice, but he was still an easy target, too dark and metallic.

When he was in the middle of a great group of bats, and with a safe distance from Zana, he stopped, flapping his wings to keep the same altitude; with his lips and tongue, he made a horrible high-pitched whistle, enough to send crazy any bat with it's sensitive ears. Counting with the subsequent chaos, he used another weapon: his feathers, stiff as blades, shot from his back, shoulders and wings, being carried by the gales, forming a rain of razors. Some fell to the ground, striking the earthly creatures. It was a formidable attack, but with two weaknesses: it was useless agains the icy wirm, and could be used only once, for the feathers would take time to grow back; no destroyed feather could be replaced. Until them, they would keep flying, controlled by his winds, piercing and perforating the enemies, destroying bat wings and confusing salamanders and wurms.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin
Malkuthe Highwind

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:19 am

The frost wyrm opened its maw, releasing a bitter cold wind that intensified the already raging blizzard. The feathers that were flying around froze in midair and shattered in the biting cold. The pyre bats continued on unfazed by the cold.

The wurms returned to the underground tunnels and the sound of their burrowing was like thunder that pushed Syurin's forces on. The salamanders' burning maws carved a path through the ice that was forming on the ground. The rolling hills were starting to become frigid mounds as the wyrm exerted its dominion.

In the wyrm's core, the head of the epimandu's eyes shot open, glowing bright purple and overhead, the maelstrom began to brew. The sky darkened and the clouds began to move towards the dark center. Purple lighting arced down to the ground, tossing dirt into the air in spectacular explosions.

The forests exploded into a flurry of activity. Creatures that had been watching were beginning to take action. The trees glowed one by one as the forest sprites entered their sacred vessels. They uprooted themselves and marched towards the encroaching darkness.

It had started off as a battle between the elf and the dragons. It was now a battle between good and evil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spark - IC   The Spark - IC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spark - IC
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next